THE ABUSIVE BEHAVIOUR TOWARDS THE PLAYERS

I still think a series of signs should be hung on the railings over both dugouts basically warning fans that if anyone tries to communicate directly to players, coaches or other staff on the bench or tries to disrupt the bench, they will be immediately ejected....

(joining in with the general chorus of booooing or cheering with the majority of the fans in the stadium is of course acceptable....)

I believe this nonsense has to stop at both dugouts....fans do not have the right to disrupt the normal operations of the team on the bench during a game.....

Football players are men they can handle anything a fan can dish out.
If there is a problem it is when hecklers disturb the people sitting around them. They are as disruptive as people wandering around clogging up the aisles or standing up during a play. They go to watch football not listen to loudmouth know-nothing morons.

Folks, the truth is that what the players hear from the fans pales in comparison to what they hear from the opposition players play after play. The real problem is that the fans too often, have to put up with the constant top-of-the-lungs swearing from their neighbors. And for some reason, the staffs at almost any venue I've ever been at refuse to do anything to stifle or remove the idiot fringe.

Don't worry about the players. They're big boys who've heard worse.

An Argo fan

I agree 100% with this post. This kind of behavior is embarrasing and will cause the good/great players to leave town. The question is what do we do about it? If we brainstorm I am sure we could come up with ideas. How about, instead of having a family zone we have a hecklers zone (remember, there are no bad ideas). Seriously, the first step is for us fans who do not like it to complain to security. If they do nothing, get the security person’s name and report them for not doing there job.

How about family zones behind players benchs and in front of locker room doors.

Behind the benches is where the Box J Boys hang out and the opposing bench is where the out-of towners usually congregate.

The simple solution is to designate Balsalm Ave as the obnoxious heckler zone.

It’s a typical Canadian reaction to avoid the problem and create obstacles for law-abiding people. If someone is creating a disturbance then usher his drunk butt out of the stadium. There, no more problem.

Well said!

Yes I do agree.Well said.Now,how do we get management to see it that way.

It’s their matter to resolve or keep the status quo. Keep voicing your opinion in threads like these, emails to management, yelling back at the bozos during the game, requesting assistance from security, etc.

When Maas told fans to f off of course we they paying fans have a right to speak up talk about it!

Why did he tell you to "f" off?

I hope you're not of the "can dish it out but can't take it" crowd.

Can't blame him. I've wanted to tell plenty of fans to "f" off and I don't even play for the team.

i wonder what bob young feels about having hecklers stay home..... i dont think that the team could survive with 20000 less fans in the seats

You're over-estimating your numbers.

I think everyone would like it if the two or three problem hecklers stay home.

If you can't behave properly then you shouldn't be out in public.

It's an old quote but it applies to some fans, even today:

To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.

Voltaire
French author, humanist, rationalist, & satirist (1694 - 1778)

As a long time season ticket holder I can boo or heckle any player I want while he is on the field and in the past couple of years they deserve it, but when they are not on the field (ie. autograph signings) then I stay quiet and respect the fact that they do not need to hear it when they are not @ Ivor Wynne playing a game

WHY DID MAAS TELL THE FANS TO F-OFF? MAAS DID THAT TO THE ENTIRE STANDS ON MY SIDE AFTER HE OVER THREW A PASS TO FLICK! COMING OFF THE FIELD HE TURNED TO THE CROWD AND TOLD US TO GO TO HELL AND THEN GAVE US A SUCK IT SIGN AND THEN THE BIRD!HE HAS DONE THIS AS MUCH AS i HAVE HEARD FROM OTHER FANS ABOUT LEAST 3 TIMES!SO UNPROFESSIONAL AND EMBARRASSING!HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THAT TO 6 YEAROLD NEICE THAT THATS GOODS SPORTMANSHIP?

For those that say, they have every right to yell at players, and those who say people should move to the family section,
I could just as easily question, if you do not like the team, or the athletes performance, then why are you even there???
Maybe you should stay home.... Are you a fan or not?
The fact is, the athlete & the person sitting beside you are people too. I wonder if it was your family, would you heckle them like that, or encourage them..?

I am still trying to comprehend that 20,000 pay for a ticket just so they can yell negative things to another human being.....

A) This is football. What do you guys want, a thumb-up-the rectum, indifferent Blue Jays-type crowd?
B) Any "abusive" conduct towards this sad-sack outfit is richly deserved.

Addendum: Ivor Wynne crowds these days are nothing. Check out a game at Molson Stadium (5-game losing streak) to witness some real abusive, over-the-top behaviour by fans.

I'm just curious out of the people who say they have a right to heckler, how many of you heckler the team on a regular basis??
Also what kind of example are you guys setting for the kids who come to the games??