The 8 Reasons the Cats Lost Last Night

(In order from greatest to least effect on outcome)

1. highly undisciplined penalties

2. highly undisciplined penalties

3. defensive secondary zone coverage appalling

4. O lines erractic QB protection from outside rush

5. Jesse nursing mystery shoulder injury

6. Refereeing was sound and didn't favour Cats.

7. Maas' was missing magic ability to win this game by himself

and number 8?

Place "stinkin penalties" in #3 position and lower the values 3-7 down one position.

laughinghard wrote:
(In order from greatest to least effect on outcome)

1. highly undisciplined penalties

2. highly undisciplined penalties

3. defensive secondary zone coverage appalling

4. O lines erractic QB protection from outside rush

5. Jesse nursing mystery shoulder injury

6. Refereeing was sound and didn't favour Cats.

7. Maas' was missing magic ability to win this game by himself

and number 8?

(Quote)______________

#8 Two possibilities:
a) Lack of Discipline.
b) Poor coaching.

In terms of discipline, I've honestly seen university and even high school teams play with more.

As for the coaching, Charlie Taaffe, in his interviews, looks and sounds like a very beaten man. I'd say that by now, he is having second thoughts about coming to this city which is seemingly football jinxed.

Of course, none of the current fiascoes are necessarily Charlie's fault, he has a coaching staff where we could point accusing fingers, not to mention team management.

At the beginning of the season, I heard and read much, including on this site, about team chemistry, in fact, I was one of the perpetrators of this conclusion. (You remember all the crap about gelling) well, we still don't have team chemistry and I don't know where the guilt for this lies, but I've got my money on coaching and/or management.

I don't need to hear any more about the successful exploits of these football alumni in the past. None of that matters here. If any of our coaches, managers or players are resting on their laurels because of past endeavors, they can dismount right now from their high horses because, their so called magic isn't working here.

Our biggest problem here since preseason has been stupid penalties, and it remains so. In last night's game, however, there were several other problems, already alluded to in several areas on this site which have been present from day one.

For a while, I was a team defender against posts that were cutting and humiliating regarding their poor, inexperienced play as a team. Like many, I was saying, "give these guys a chance and they'll surprise us all later in the season and certainly make the playoffs by next season."

Well, I'm afraid, I'm running out of excuses to make for these guys, because there simply are no more.

One other consideration right now would be the injuries to Cheron and Hudson. With a blown ACL, I'd say Cheron's career is over, so get rid of him. If Hudson isn't ready to go full tilt against the Argos, delve closely into the nature of his injury and see if he is worth keeping. There no damn good to us riding the pine. And now, to add to the mix, whats wrong with Jesse's shoulder? Will he finish the season or is he finished now?

There remains a lot of soul searching and work to be done with this team.

MUST BE A BULLDOG FAN!

The ticats need what they had when they mauled the Bombers: anger, intensity, concentration, confidence. They could be 5-3 if they believed in themselves like they did against Wpg.