The 11th Commissioner - Tell the League what you think!

The conspirators behind this don't want a commissioner. They want to run the League themelves with a nodding, syncophantic puppet saying, "Yes, Mr. Braley," " Yes, Mr. Wetenhall" yes to whoever.

If you think if Wright is turfed, that the BOG will want a qualified man to be commissioner, you're out of your bloody minds.

…you forgot YES,MR. CAMPBELL…BAD MISTAKE IN TURFING TOM WRIGHT…the guy has done good things for the league and everyone knows the ‘good’ outweighs the bad…IF the Ottawa debacle is the sole reason for Wrights dismissal…then the BOG should give themselves the pink slip as well… as i believe they are a big part of the decision process…We don’t need a few owners running things…putting their own interests ahead of the league…and that appears what they …Braley…Wettenhal…and Campbell would like…I hope someone comes to their bloody senses and re-considers this attempt to get rid of Tom…or there is going to be a lot of disenchanted people in this league… :x

I thought Hugh Campbell really was the Commisioner.....Have I really been wrong all these years? :wink:

Bring in Lonie Glieberman !

cheerleaders for all!...lol

They may (probably) will try to make him scapegoat for Ottawa. But remember, they all voted to kill off the franchise.

I have said repeatedly that I like chances of Ottawa's return in 07 (or 20008) a lot better with Wright around than with Braley et al running the show.

How much time do you think BOG are going to have for potential Ottawa owners when they're split over booting Wright and finding a replacement that will suit the ringleaders.

Its nice we get to have our say, but its all going to be a moot point anyway. The BOG will do what it wants, and it seems they want someone to be a "yes" man. Micheal Lysko wasn't the right yes man for them so they will get someone else.
I would say the CFL needs to have more than one person to run the league. They need one for adminstration, one to do the day to day football operations and another to administer fines and suspensions. Seems to me that would be the way to go , IMO.

yes, like the NHL has 2 tier commish system.

tom wright should stay in some form...even if its to get sponsors and do administration stuff...then have a diff guy for day-to-day operations and administer fines and suspensions...

kinda like good cop / bad cop.

If Ottaw is going to come back, the CFL better make sure it works out this time! They should also do it the same year as Halifax (which should have had a team decades ago).
Give teams 3 pre-season games next year and have them play the first one at a third party place. The Als in QC, Lions in Victoria, Riders in Saskatoon, Argos vs Ticats in London, Eskies vs Stamps in Redhat? You get the idea. Have them play in CIS stadiums across the country to promote the game.

No big budget needed as they would be the first pre-season, sell the tickets cheap, in small stadiums and low travel costs. Plus the teams don't lose revenue from the pre-season game they have at home since it's a third. Genius.

Man, I Should be commish! :wink: Or at least in the office! (hint hint :smiley:) )

its too hard to expand to 2 cities in the same year...teams have to give up 2ice the talent in the expansion draft...i think its better to expand one team at a time...

when ottawa is on its feet and the other teams recover from giving up that talent, then expand again.

For the teams, it's like a band-aid. Do it at once instead of in two parts. So year 1 you have a good back up, GONE to ottawa. Year two you get a new back up and BAM gone again!
If you do both at the same time, then you can limit the damage in terms of max player loss per position per team.

Okay, for example with Montreal.
We would lose Greene this year. Keep Brady.
Then next year we could lose Brady!
If you do it at the same time, then only 1 back up per team can be lost. With 8 teams and adding 2, it would mean most teams would lose around 5 players each. Make sure they can all keep their starters and a few others. 5 players is nothing, it's like free agency :wink: Just less bleeding :smiley:

Besides, who wants 9 teams again in the schedule! Ayeyaye!

i perfer 9 team schedule then 8.

Anything is better then the current schedule pre and regular season of teams seeing each other SIX times. Not to count the extra possibility in the playoffs.

Just wanted to point out some errors… Hugh Campbell is NOT the owner of the eskimos as you stated. The esks are a community owned team. Campbell has been the esks president for many years but stepped down this off-season and gave the position to Jones.

And most eskimos fans are in favour of keeping Tom Wright…(check this poll at esksfans.com)

http://www.esksfans.com/showthread.php?t=9874

Tom has unfinished business to attend too. :thup:

I think he should have his contract extended!

What I'd like to say wouldn't get past the naughty-word checker here.

More of the same.

of course i know huey isn’t the owner…and lumping him in with the other two was my error…but i would like to add he has had a lot of influence on how this league runs in the past…i think everyone would agree on that… :wink: and everyone knows certain people in this league are not in favour of a salary cap…or …Tom Wrights leadership…

TW has done many good things over the last few years to advance the mission of the CFL.

The B.O.G. are just a bunch of wealthy owners who think the CFL is their own personal toy with which they can do whatever they want no matter what…or who it hurts.

THEY are the ones that need to be reeled in!.

I am an american who has followed the CFL for over twenty years (as best I can). Now with Directv and Dishnetwork broadcasting U.S. sports channels that show games…more americans can enjoy TRUE Football then when there where teams in the states in the 1990’s. This must be attributed to TW’s leadership.

Tom Wright needs to stay!!!

You sound like an intelligent individual :thup:

We need more like-minded people watching the CFL :thup: :thup: