The 11th Commissioner - Tell the League what you think!

Have your say.

KEEP TW....deserves an extra year to fix the ottawa mess.

this is a joke..they will bring in a new commish to announce:

• hes closed the ricky loop-hole ( which TW said he will do ).
  • and announce a new ownership in ottawa ( after TW did all the work and has 10 potential buyers right now )
    -announce a salary cap ( which TW did all the work )

....so it LOOKS like the new commish did so much positive in so little time.

screw the BOG's

TOM SHOULD NOT BE FIRED. HE IS THE BEST CFL COMMISH IN 2 DECADES. He will try to change the rules about suspended NFL players playing in the CFL and under contract. He wants a drug policy and a salary cap. :thup:

Unfortunitley certain owners , don't like people with their own minds and some CFL owners egos get in the way. :roll:

OWNERS , find us some one who is better than TOM and who is not just your own personal "YES MAN" :roll:

thank you. :thup:

they had a guy who wasnt a 'yes-man' named lysko...they FIRED HIM..

then they get a 'nice-guy'....and they give him THE BOOT.

they dont know what they want!....MORONS

Tom Wright

ps...Mods .... please turn this into a poll .... thanks

The Board of Governors is a joke. Seems like it is their preference to have a new comissioner every year. Mr. Wright has advanced the game of Canadian Football across this country. His handling of the Ottawa debacle could have been better, however, that whole situation may not have been avoidable. Mr. Wright has been the best comissioner in years and desreves the chance to continue as comissioner and make the league better for the players and fans without having to answer to people who had it out for him in the beginning.

Absolutely a bad decision. David Braley needs to take a pill he touts himself as a team player but really he's just another old school throw back...

The "other Tom Wright thread" is now a poll

Please vote

[CFL.pm ... please merge the 2 threads .... if that is the WRIGHT :thup: way to go]

Thnx

Ok, that's it, I'm cancelling my season tickets because we might get a new commissioner.
Give your heads a shake everyone, do you really care who the hell is the commissioner when you are watching the games? I sure as hell don't, I have better things to do than worry about this. Just like the NHL, I watch the games and couldn't care less that most Canadian hockey fans think that this guy doesn't care about hockey in Canada and is contributing to hockey's mess and all the teams in the States. I watch the games and enjoy them, even if the commissioner was Osama Bin Laden for goodness sakes.

CFL Needs to Expand back into United States to gain more exposure and value. It is really sad seeing only eight teams playing football. To see two teams play each other back to back in two weeks time is really boring. If this is not done you will found another team bankrupt or suspended from play. The only value right now is for the CFL to expand into the States.

watts100 will never be commish..haha

Watts100 wrote:

CFL Needs to Expand back into United States to gain more exposure and value. It is really sad seeing only eight teams playing football. To see two teams play each other back to back in two weeks time is really boring. If this is not done you will found another team bankrupt or suspended from play. The only value right now is for the CFL to expand into the States
Sure as hell isn't boring for me Watts, I love it, it's like best of 7 series in hockey when you are playing the same team a lot, I love it. And what about the NHL when it was 6 teams for decades, did the fans get sick of seeing just 5 other teams? Not from what my Dad told me. Don't get caught in the "8 teams is bush" thinking the press and CFL bashers will lead you to believe. 8 teams is fine and dandy, better than 30 in some leagues where you don't even know 80 percent of the players and don't even see some teams in your building once a year.

Me too, Earl .... but I also hate seeing good peeps gettin railroaded by Bozos*

• = for more "info" on Bozo's search the website in my sig. LOL! Thnx

Will do 3rd!

After the Ottawa debacle, Tom Wright deserves to be fired. He was always on vacation when the heat was on in Ottawa' kitchen. Thank you for firing his ass, CFL.

Yup

why can we say 'ass' but not suck?

Hi Ottawa RR

There are a ton of people who screwed up in Ottawa .... my fave culprit is

The Beancounter .... John Lisowski!!!

:thdn: :thdn: = Lisowski :thup: :thup: = Tom Wright

There were many reasons for the unfortunate demise of the Renegades. I think the right decision was made to suspend the franchise until the right owner could be found.

While Tom Wright has not been perfect, I don't think he has taken the league backwards either. I think they need to keep him around and give him a chance to at least fix this situation with Ottawa and revisit the decision after that plays out.

TW did a HORRIBLE job handling Ottawa (and the new schedule!)

HOWEVER

He has done great with Toronto and Hamilton and the cap is "supposed" to be coming into place. He's working on Halifax and maybe Ottawa again so he's doing his job pretty well.

ALSO

Who is going to take his place? Unless you can get Larry Smith out of Montreal TW is probably the way to go.