That hurt

This one hurt considering how well they played. One good thing is the hard part of the schedule is over.
No more facing the Al's. They are awsome especially at home

But we still need to win on the road 0-13 doesn't cut it Als or not!!!

It hurt but if the Als really are the best team in the league we must be pretty close to second best. I think we are due to go on a long winning streak.

talk about rose tinted glasses.

I'll have what he's having.

winning streak - Hamilton? and pigs can fly

Yes, that certainly did hurt. The team certainly did many things right. I could go on for quite a while about positives, and I hope at least a few other members will emphasize what went right. It deserved to be recognized.

Coming within three point of a win in Monreal is quite an accomplishment. But when you're 1-5, it isn't moral victories you need. It's actual victories you need.

I agree.."BYF"

i still don’t understand why htey didn’t utilize Holmes more like they did against Calgary

Here comes th big set up.

As the seaosn progresses, we get better and get more wins as we ramp up for the playoffs.

When we meet Montreal in the eastern final, al the talk will be about Montreal's 3-0 record against us in the regular season.

And then we beat them and go to the Cup.

We took on the best club in the League, and lost by inches. Pretty good effort, in my opinion.

We should have no “gripes” with refereeing; it was fair enough, no more “bad calls” against us than there were “for us”, so get that out of the whiney bits!

A couple things stand out fairly large, though…

In spite of all the Boreham bashing that this Board is famous for, Jaimie didn’t get “stuffed” as often as Fleming is providing us…and Fleming kicks no better, on average than does Jaimie.
Jaimie kicks long kickoffs, Meyer doesn’t.
We are currently paying for three kickers, two of whom are crappy at at leat one aspect of their jobs, the third of whom does two aspects well, has potential for the third, and tackles downfield well, does “trick” plays and is sitting on the bench just now…what’s wrong with this picture?

Holmes did great tonight; you don’t get much against the Als on running plays, but Corey picked up just about every yard there was to be had.

Receiving stunk, with far too many dropped balls.

I’ll give kudos to Craig Yeast for a good performance again, and K Peterson impressed in the first half.

Ben Cahoon bails Montreal out of more games than Al Bruno has had spaghetti dinners, and why we cannot arrange a defensive scheme that double teams him, I’d like to know…

Cody. Goss, Kournegay, Chetwood, Cotton at all continue to shine, but if we’d sacked AC once or twice, it might have ben the difference, as he was starting to look “scared”…if we can add “beaten up” to that, we will be winning the close ones…and this one was very “close”

Well done TiCats!

Play like that, there won’t be many home games lost and you’ll start to win on the road!

2nd best??
Anytime u score 38 points and LOSE means just one thing.. the DEFENSE blew.... they looked like swiss cheese out there..to be 2nd best you have to be able to HOLD opponents when you take the lead.. congrats to the offense for fianlly having a good game but the D needs to take a long look in the mirror now.
In my opinion the Als are not as tough as their record says...they had to score 41 to barely win... Montreal didn't win this game.. the Hamilton D did it for them

Our defence scored 14 points. How often does that happen?

2 games BUT their job is to STOP the other team

The worst part of the schedule is over and now the team is starting to play better each game and this is the time to start.

Randy

Consider:

• 2 ints are stops

• fake punt was a defensive stop and special teams let down.

• Our punt being blocked was another special teams letdown that put Montreal's offence in excellent field position. Defence couldn't help that.

• Rookie CB was burned a couple of times. Playing cuz of injury.

-Calvillo to Cahoon were unstoppable tonight. Calvillo's passes were bang on for the most part.

Consider:

• 2 ints are stops

• fake punt was a defensive stop and special teams let down.

• Our punt being blocked was another special teams letdown that put Montreal's offence in excellent field position. Defence couldn't help that.

• Rookie CB was burned a couple of times. Playing cuz of injury.

-Calvillo to Cahoon were unstoppable tonight. Calvillo's passes were bang on for the most part.

Consider it all you want.. BOTTOM line is they didn't STOP MTL when the chips were down... hence the LOSS

True.

But, by the same token our offense killed us too. The 2nd last possession of the game we went two and out when a couple first downs and a filed gola would havbe won us the game.

1st down - no gain on a run - no blocking by O-line

2nd down - Pass by Maas nowhere near the receiver running the corner pattern. Ball fell WAY short.

So, when the chips were down, the offence lost us the game.

Well, that is hopefully how everything will progress. And for that to happen, next Friday's game versus Winnipeg is certainly a must-win situation.

But victory will not come easily against Winnipeg, as Edmonton found out tonight. When Edmonton appeared to have the win, on the last play of the game, with Winnipeg at their 10, Stegall got the touchdown. Too bad we couldn't pull off something like that tonight.

But, by the same token our offense killed us too. The 2nd last possession of the game we went two and out when a couple first downs and a filed gola would havbe won us the game.
THIRTY EIGHT points SHOULD have been enough.. yes the D counted for 14 but their MAIN objective is to STOP the opposition.. ALL ELSE is, as they say GRAVY!