Thanks To Mitchell and Obie.

You two handled a debacle not of your own making with as much effectiveness, skill and delicacy as was to be reasonably expected.

You managed to hammer out and then smooth out a difficult situation. The team needed stability, especially at coaching, and you have maintained it.

Alot of unfair and unfounded accusations made the rounds in here. You wont get an apology but you deserve one.

Again, thanks.

agree completely. Charlie acted like a moron by not settling this ASAP. But the shots at Mitchell and Obie were uncalled for... they did the best they could and as you said before, there's no manual for dealing with these things

Add my name to this list.

Thank you men!

Agreed

Taaffe: "I believe this organization is a vastly different one than the one I joined just over a year ago.."

If that isnt vindication for what Scott Mitchell has undertook so far I dont know what is.

The anti-Mitchell folks might have to shop for a different voodoo doll.

I think they have already found one Zontar.. it's the Charlie Taafe version...

I can see them building the hangman noose already for the start of the season

Agreed

Thanks to Scott and Bob O you did what you could in a difficult situation.

Crash, you said

agree completely.

Charlie acted like a moron
by not settling this ASAP.

But the shots at Mitchell
and Obie were uncalled for...

they did the best they could
and as you said before,

there's no manual for
dealing with these things.

Crash, think about this.

Obie did not say right away that Charlie was staying

He took his time to be sure he could work with Charlie.

You didn't call him a moron, you endorsed what he did.

How could Charlie say right away that he was staying.

WVU was an appealing job.

Charlie knew his friend would hire him.

Charlie took time to make the decision that
would be aligned with his basic character

and he did the right thing.

He decided his job here
had a lot to offer, too

Why are you calling him a moron?

I second what you two have said.

Kudos to Scott and Obie.

Charlie says today that he was never offered anything... therefore he should have commented on it right away

Maybe just maybe we are seeing the beginnings of a kick ass year.

there's no manual for dealing with these things
You know what, that's a really good point. I still feel the fans were owed an apology for this debacle. But that's a fair point. There is no real 'protocol' for dealing with this kind of situation.

My stronger ditto to this was deleted, I think.

Ron, I think Charlie should have dealt with this swifter. That would have saved me reading about necessary gangrenous amputations and the like. LMAO :wink:

Most of us wanted him to defecate or get off the flushing apparatus, I think. Answering his cell and getting ahead of the story would have helped.

Oski Wee Wee,

Exactly, never understood what exactly people expected from them.
For a management team in a crisis I'll take M+O over Katz or Marcel any day.
It was an ordeal by fire and they both passed.

Regardless of what has been said - Great job by Obie and Scott. It is refreshing coach Taaffe want's to fix this mess we of we all love and adore. Now that this soap opera has ended, let's get back to BUSINESS and create a monster team that
is very hard to beat.

The butt kissing begins ... and by the same people who will probably run these guys out of town of they keep losing. sheesh

Keep your eye on this thread "optimist" ... most of the people in this thread don't flip flop their opinion about upper management at the first sign of trouble.

Thats the well documented anti-Lancaster, McManus and now Taaffe cheerleaders :wink:

Zontar: Hogwash. YOU have been one of the biggest offenders of all.

Mitchell is the real deal. We are lucky to have him.

Hope he boots the local corrus geriatric radio station out of the partnership realm.

Good work men, keep fighting the good fight.

Soon the Ticats will find their claws again.

Jare