Thanks Hank

Burris was the catalyst behind some of my best memories as a fan: "The Drive" to rescue victory from the jaws of defeat against Montreal, and a week later, the improbable, virtuoso comeback performance under the dome against the unbeatable Argos. Those moments will be burned into my memory along with some of those all-time great wins from the mid-80s and late-90s. He led us on a post-season run that even the most enthusiastic Ticat fan would not have anticipated - or at least, would not have bet much money on.

Henry defied the odds to be the only QB left standing in a year where it seemed to be open season on QBs. As one of the oldest players in the league, he proved himself more durable than players 10 years younger.

He provided leadership and stability through a couple of rebuilding years, in the face of coaching changes, injuries, personnel changes, even home stadium changes. He carried the team through many games with the sheer force of his will, when other units of the team sometimes looked like they didn't quite belong on the field.

He led the league in passing both years, and set new team records in the process. He didn't win every game for us, but one thing you never had to question is that he gave it his all, game in and game out.

Thanks Hank. And best of luck wherever you end up.

Thanks Krisiun, I have forward it to Henry also! Ive always kept in touch threw out the off season also!

Thanks for everything Hank, you were damn fun to watch!

sad to see him go.. thanks Hank, best of luck. :cry:

quoted for pure posting awesomness! perfectly put

Thanks Henry for your fine contributions to Ticat football, and best of luck in Winnipeg and in the rest of your career.

Only in Hamilton can you take the team on your shoulders for two clutch playoff wins, and get shown the door for your trouble.

Nothing against Collaros but even if he turns out great for the Cats, the boot for Henry stinks on a human level. As they say, it's a great game but a lousy business.

Thank you Henry for taking this team to the next level.

I don't think this comes as too much of a surprise based on the clinic in talking-without-saying-anything Austin was holding whenever he was asked about Burris this offseason. Austin knew he wanted Collaros, but had to be able to backtrack if he signed elsewhere.

In agreement with your well expressed thoughts ExPat, I’d like to add that the players and coaches, who played and coached against him, chose Henry as The CFLPA 2013 All-Star Team’s quarterback.

[url=http://ww2.canadafootballchat.com/cflpa-2013-all-star-team/]http://ww2.canadafootballchat.com/cflpa ... star-team/[/url]

I received this from Henry regarding the video. A CLASS ACT ALWAYS!
From Hank" Thank you Bruce for everything. My lil guys and I watched it! Thank you so much for everything during my time there. Hey, it’s what we signed up for. We reload and move on from there".

No worries,the Bombers seem to have cornered the market for players not wanting to play there.I mean jay-sus first Collaros,then Burris say thanks,but no thanks to them,and to add insult to injury Hank goes and signs with an expansion team instead of the B.B’s !!! The way the Bummers are looking our 1-17 season of 2003 could be in jeopardy of being broken this year.This has certainly been one of the craziest off seasons in a long,long time and it’s only February. One weeks time and the FA frenzy will begin,it looks like the off season is about to get even more crazier than it already has been.Burris and Glenn both REDBLACKS!!!now who could’ve seen that one coming??? An expansion team,and they have our last two starting Q.B’s going back to the “09” season.Well all I can say is Thank you Hank,thank you Kevin…good luck in Ottawa!!! except when you play us of course. :cowboy:

Thanks Kent for letting Hank build a dynasty in Ottawa! (sorry I was right, just with the wrong team)

Must have been all those clever signings he made in recruiting the other players? Plus the coaching staff he selected and schemes he installed?

Back to back Grey Cup appearances is a dynasty now? Damn, didn’t know we had a dynasty during Austins first two years here. :lol:

They might as well start engraving Calgary on the GC now; Henry's gonna be crushed...poor baby. :lol:

Can Burris and now his stupid Donald Trump quote just go away? Go Stamps!

At least he’s there. They have a shot… That’s all you can ask for.

Really! Ottawa A dynasty!!! Are you serious! A team with a losing reg season record that barely clinched 1st place if not for some forces against TiCats, a team that made it last year on a lucky … yes lucky pass play to Ellingson where the TiCat defender tripped on his shoe -laces! DYNASTY REALLY? Or are we talking about the Stamps?

He's been there 3 of the last 4 years.
Usually the pattern is get there lose and go back with experience and win the next year.
Eg. Hamilton...'85 and '86 and '98 and '99. (2013 and 2014, no wait that didn't work out)
You never know.

Hank is now laughing to/at media about the Redblacks being considered the underdogs. Like it's his way of saying "you people dont know what you're talking about". Really Hank! At 8-9-1 vs a team that went 15-2-1 and you don't think Redblacks are underdogs? You think you are going to out-fox the stallions just because you wish it so? Consider it a success if you are within 2 td's at game end@

Dynasty ? roflmfao