Thanks for the Spanking!

Is it lewis' fault that when Burris get's under pressure he often throws it away and it get's picked? NO!

haha, man that burris is a class act, blaming his teammates, lol.

But, he would obvisouly be a little fustrated, losing to his old team by that much. Being boo-ed off the field. getting pulled. aw, you cant help but love it if you are a rider fan!

No problem Arius the fact my team probably played the worst game I have ever seen in a red and white uniform has to be recognized as just that they plain out right stunk Taylor field out. YEs I do recall me making fun of the lopsided score last year and now you can use this as a refrence point as well and this will not bother me. It just reminds me that the Stamp players do not get the idea that this is indeed a team sport. Like I have said as well usually you can find some sort of highlight for a team. IN this game the only highlight was the singing of the national anthem.

Well it would be nice to rub some salt into that open festering wound 05, but, oh wth, that was just atrocious. lol.

No kidding! Keep it coming I love the cards and fan mail!

Im really happy that my team won yesterday, but Im really scared to get too excited so soon. long season ahead. but it was really nice to see Burris stink it up (no offense to Stamps fans) after the way he acted towards the Rider fans and his ex teammates the first game after he got traded. Thought he was very classless then.

I was more happy to see Nik Lewis stink it up after doing his first down dance than watching Burris play bad in the 2nd half.

Well I would like to agree with you but I can't. That really was not the fault of Burris. The whole team played like one yesterday. But they all played like they did not want to be in the game. You must leave your hatred for Burris check at the door because this game loss was totally a lack of effort by the whole team.

True, rw, but what kind of "team player" passes the buck for the loss? Seems to me that's Hank's attitude after last night's ass-whoopin', and that perhaps he should be looking at himself as at least one part of the loss.....

But as I said, it is a reflection of the change itself, not Austin.
There are lots of coaches out there who could have produced this result–Austin is just the beneficiary.
I can give you another example, closer to home.
After back to back 2-14 seasons, the Riders and Ron Lancaster parted company.
The following year, Papa Joe led that team to a 9-7 record. The following year, we regressed, and Joe was eventually fired.
Meanwhile, after a few years in the broadcast booth, Lancaster returned to coaching and became the all-time wins leader in Eskimo history, and won cups in both Edmonton and Hamilton.
Circumstances and timing are every bit as important as the motivational skills of a given coach.
Despite the early success, it remains a fact that Kent Austin would not have made my top ten list of potential coaches to replace DB.
And I also maintain that there were likely 20 potential coaches out there who could have gotten these results.
Coaches get too much blame when teams lose, and too much credit when they win.

I am not trying to take anything away from Kent.
I am pleased with the job he is doing.
I am just not quite ready to start carving the statue for him just yet…

Or another way to say it, is to play off an old saying, “there are no great coaches, only great teams…”

True but everytime there is a lose it is the QB that gets the blame. In this one Hank has every right to point the finger at his team mates. When you look at the over all game there really was not one player on the Stampeder team that played well. Justified you bet. Remember he is the fall guy all to often when the team loses.

I agree whole-heartedly that his teammates should accept some responsibility....but when Higgins says that they were outplayed everywhere on the field, doesn't it make Hank look a slight bit more than stupid to assume no responsibility?

Well I did not read that in that statment he did mention that he fumdled did he not? So rightfully so there is not one guy on that team that can say they played well and I think Burris is one of them after all why was he pulled? Burris knows if he is to keep his number 1 status he must step it up. But when you look at it no matter one team the QB is the fall guy. By far he was not the worse player on the Stampeder team in this game. As far as I am concerned he was right. He can throw the ball to the player but if they do not catch it he can not help that and he is right. The execution for this team was down right ugly.

Burke Dales played well. I don't think he normally wants to be punting 13 times though :frowning:

No problem Arius the fact my team probably played the worst game I have ever seen in a red and white uniform has to be recognized as just that they plain out right stunk Taylor field out. YEs I do recall me making fun of the lopsided score last year and now you can use this as a refrence point as well and this will not bother me. It just reminds me that the Stamp players do not get the idea that this is indeed a team sport. Like I have said as well usually you can find some sort of highlight for a team. IN this game the only highlight was the singing of the national anthem.
I understand completely--and as I was at that game in McMahon, I empathize... And I said at the time that was the worst, and most embarrassing loss in 30 years for the Riders. But it is how your team responds that will tell the tale, not the game itself. We proceeded to lose 5 games in a row before we stopped the bleeding. I expect better from the Stamps this year. I still have them pencilled in to finish in second place....

Well Arius you never know a game like this can do two things. One make the team strive for a better outcome. Or two they dwell on the loss and spiral out of control. I would hope for number one but you just never know. As this game went out of control the more I wanted the Stamps to lose by a bigger score. Just to send the message that you better come to the game prepared to play. Good teams will use this to get better and bad teams will not recover.

You're entitled to your own perception, rw, as I am mine....and recall that you're talking to a non-Burris Hater here.....but his comments about him making his reads but guys dropping and/or running wrong routes, or that Calgary beat themselves is just garbage, imo.....the QB on any team is typically looked at to lead the offense.....how are his receivers going to respond if he's not leading by example and stepping up to the plate? Come on....he could have played better - everyone here knows it, and so does he. The only difference is that people here admit it in public, whereas he doesn't.

I'm actually glad that the Riders won so handidly...with my Leos playing the Riders next week, they will not be taking them so lightly, methinks. A tight game, or a loss, and the Leos might not be prepared. But a 49-8 win...the Leos are going to know they are playing a solid team with solid abilities, and are going to have to bring their best if they want to win.

It wasn’t all Burris’ fault by any stretch, and he did take some responsibility in that article.
However, comments like:

I make my reads and I throw the ball. Nik (Lewis) was open, the guy I was throwing to, but if the guy doesn't run the right route . . .
are getting awfully close to finger pointing. I guess I have something else to look for when I watch the video, but I thought it looked like Hank threw the ball directly into the hands of a defender--not Lewis's fault at all. I don't think "Nik was open" reflects that play at all. But Nik certainly dropped a lot of passes last night....

I can just hear the conversations by some people during the game this past Sunday night...

"Hank just made a dootie.. in his pants." :lol: :twisted: