Thank You to Robert (Bob) & Lisa Wetenhall

As an Alouettes season ticket holder & CFL fan, I would like to express my gratitude to the Alouettes owners:

Robert (Bob) & Lisa Wetenhall !

Why are you asking ?

Because they contributed to the Argos demised in 2008 and no one saw it coming…

I was sitting in my car stuck in traffic and boum I had a flash….

No, it wasn’t someone who rear-ended my car but I saw THE movie that nobody saw yet….

We all know the Als & Argos hate each other with a passion, but the Argos will not play in a playoff game for the 1st time since the 2000 & 2001 seasons…

Now, here is the interesting part….(drum roll)

How did Bob & Lisa Wetenhall contribute to the Argos demise?

2 words: ?THE DON?…aka Don Matthews…

Let’s roll the tape back to 2004, if you wish:

Don Matthews signed a “life-time? contract with the Als and he also received his Canadian citizenship @ the Big O during the last Alouettes regular season home game, leading the Als to 1 more Grey Cup (2005)...

He coached until September 2006 where he mysteriously disappeared from the Als organization, making “un-announced? appearances at CFL events, but no-one except Bob & Lisa knew where he was...

In 2008, 2 events lead to the Argos hiring him…

Subtly Bob & Lisa started to play their cards without showing their hand....

In May 2008 – “The DON? was named as an advisor for the conditional Ottawa franchise led by Jeff Hunt's group…

Then people in the CFL started to ask if he would coach again 1 day...that left doubt in fans & CFL brass mind…

On July 25th - Mtl was playing in BC, “The DON? was shown on TV in a sky-booth reserved by the Als.....again speculation were getting out quickly, almost as fast as a wildfire in California...

In that exact same week, the Argos were “struggling? with a 2-3 record…then Pinball remembered who was the greatest coach that coached him in his last 2 Grey Cups as a player...

He remembered he saw the Don on TV and gave him a call, telling him he wanted him to coach the Argos, because personally he couldn’t do it and didn’t want to take the blame for a boat that is sinking.

What Pinball & the Argos brass didn’t remembered was the "life-time" contract that “The DON? signed with the Als..."The DON" sat on the offer for a couple of days before calling Bob in his NYC offices, telling him about the Argos offer…

Then the Machiavelli plan started to unfold…you thought the Edmonton Eski?Schmoes? were the Evil Empire…think again ! HAHAHA !

You heard it 1st boys and girls and children of all ages....

“THE DON? is a paid double-agent that works secretly for the Wetenhall’s to bring the Argos franchise to a grinding halt and it worked in 2008…now that the “grand plan? has been exposed by me....We’ll see how the Argos react !

Thank You Bob & Lisa, and especially “The DON?...you should be nominated for an Academy Award !