Thank You Saskatchewan!

Sorry Sambo I do not agree on that one either. Ditka did not have the kind of players on the team to change it his way. But Ditka regardless is a very good coach he just did not have the support to make it happen.

Just like the Stamps defense last year. Remember George White. It appaers his injury did hamper his play to the point it put Denny Crehans defense in jeopardy. His son on gostampsgo stated it was a domino effect that started with George White's injury. He did not get the right players to repair this last year and it was costly. He feels the changes over the winter he has the capable pieces of the puzzle to now work his defense. Ditka had the same problem not only with his defense but offense as well.
So you see it is not that the coaches lose it over time they just do not have the players to fill the role to make it work.

Dude. I never said they lose it over time. I said the game changes and sometimes coaches dont adapt with it. I said Cortez was a good coach and that he was fine.

Jman, this is your quote:

dunno man. I think in this case Cortez is good. But as coaches age, the game changes as well. So although you may not forget how to coach, if the game is different, you are pooched.

So did you not say as they age? How is the game going to be different it has not changed that much over the past 50 years? So why in the world would you be pooched. The only time a coach will be in trouble is if the GM does not get him the talent to put his plan in place.

k, I also said Cortez is fine. Therefore that suggests not everyone is pooched does it?

RW, stop trying to pick a fight. Move on already.

Pardon me where am I picking a fight? Take a hike loser. Jman it is not a problem if you made the mistake I understand. I now know what you meant and really it is not a problem other then that statment. Coaches do not forget how to coach as they age. I am sure if you coached for over two decades you can adapt to any changes otherwise most coaches in the league would be very young. Really the only way a coach can get fired is if their GM does not supply the right players for him to be successful.

The difference is that Cortez is a class act, not an infant who needs his mommy…

Anyway, Cortez is a good coach, but in the coaching fraternity, it isn’t just what you know, but who you know…or to be specific, friends coach for friends…it has always been that way, and likely always will be…

Briefly with Ditka, health issues were an enormous factor in his decline as a head coach.

Yeah RW, I wasn't precise. It just seemed to me that jman said several times that Cortez was "good" or "fine" and your responses prior to you last post didn't seem to acknowledge that.

Doesn't become you to resort to namecalling btw ...

That made me laugh.

Ok cool. I didnt word that very well, I admit.

No problem Jman! I just wanted you to realize that the wording required adjustment and I believe you did that through your posts. Ya I know I am picky.

Trust me, I know lol

You ever noticed that the Riders pretty much replaced every black guy with a white guy? Tillman for Shivers, Austin for you know who, it's just strange.

K, dont even start that.

Did my message get deleted? I had a humourous response about Smilin' Hank, very tounge in cheek,
lookin' forward to this week's game

You’re not allowed to make fun of the “Smilin’ One”!!

:twisted: