TFC becoming irrelevant in Toronto?

Who is winning the Voyageur Cup semifinal between Forge and Montreal?

How about the other game between Toronto and Pacific?

Maybe they should count tickets sold rather than how many people entered the stadium, that would be for all MLSE teams

1 Like

5,000 (announced, looked more like 2,000) for TFC game on nice Wednesday evening.
9,000 on a foggy, rainy Saturday for Argos game. Hmm.

1 Like

Hmm- TFC out of the playoffs last place and no hope but 15,000 season tickets. Playing three times as many games as the Argos.
Argos - fighting for first place but only 9,000, that has to be disappointing and probably 2,000 season tickets.

If you wan't to do a comparison, wait until next season when things are back to normal.
We shouldn't be comparing anyway, it's all the same ownership.

1 Like

So if TFC has 15K season ticket holders and 5K show up and at the same time Argos have 2K season ticket holders and 9K show up what does that say about single game ticket sales results between the 2?

Overall I will agree this season is a wash and we should see a resemble to normal for both

1 Like

Canada is guaranteed to get two teams into the 2022 Concacaf Champions League for probably the first time ever. Forge FC has officially advanced far enough into the Concacaf League tournament to clinch a spot.

They are already eliminated from Voyageurs Cup contention, so there will definitely be a second Canadian team qualify. Montreal eliminated Forge on penalty kicks last week, and the other semifinal is wed Nov 3 between Toronto and Pacific.

Kind of amazing that he CPL Champion can already hang with the cream of the crop out of Central America. But that's what they did.

Talking about selling tickets or seasons tickets is irrelevant seriously guys
There still is a VERY large percent of population terrified to go outside due to the pandemic

Majority of you just saw Halloween right? If parents are too terrified to walk around the neighbourhood (after being vaxxed and wearing a mask) how many of those same parents do you really think are headed to the stadiums downtown?

Even the Leafs are not selling out right now

At least with the Leafs most of their season tickets are corporate, not many available to the average fan.
For TFC there fans are pretty young and the don't care, they will get their usual 15k season tickets next season

But yes with the CFL having the oldest fans in places like Toronto, there are some that will not go back to sitting in the stands. There will be some good deals to be had for next season

was at the sold out ACC last night, sorry Scotia Bank Centre...Leafs stink and yet a full arena of non-terrified hockey fans.

1 Like

Toronto Football Club is a ridiculous name for a professional sports team in Canada and the sooner they fold the better. Then perhaps we can have a properly named soccer team such as the Toronto Lynx or even the Toronto Blizzard again.

:face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Doesn't amaze me at all.

:neutral_face:

Now, now let's not lower ourselves to the level of the Red Patch Boys. They are overprotective of the name and "their stadium" and really sensitive LoL :rofl:.

At Vancouver called their "football club" the Whitecaps.

1 Like

everything is irrelevant in Toronto

I am loving the excuses for TFC's friends and family attendance numbers. I guess that they must mostly only have "fair weather fans".

It's interesting that Montreal had an American style nickname for their team "Impact".. and this year they dropped it to be come CF (Club de foot) Montréal.

But I agree with you insofar that North Americans in adopting soccer should make it their own. That includes North American sports culture of team names and calling it bloody soccer. The sport has local names in so many regions other than football. I don't see why we have to be a bunch of posers and call it football just because..

It just sounds wrong to call soccer "football" in an American accent..

Its association football and its played with the whole body minus the arms.. unless you're a goal keeper.. then its body ball isn't it?

[quote="Mightygoose, post:25, topic:73779"]

So if TFC has 15K season ticket holders and 5K show up and at the same time Argos have 2K season ticket holders and 9K show up what does that say about single game ticket sales results between the 2?

Overall I will agree this season is a wash and we should see a resemble to normal for both

[/q I don't believe there were 5000 at the TFC game when there was nobody in the stands. This sport lives on lies

So now that Montreal's dwindling MLS Playoff hopes have died on the vine, when do you suppose they will schedule the Canadian Final between Montreal and Toronto?

???
Vancouver just clinched playoffs would be a far better opponent no? Vancouver 12-13-9 vs Montreal 12-10-12

Toronto has been horrible this year I think even a non-Covid year you would see the fairweather TO fans start to dissapear

Lol, what? Vancouver lost to Pacific right out of the gate.

The Tournament has already been played except for the Final, which hasn't been scheduled yet.

It's Toronto vs Montreal for a spot in the 2022 Concacaf Champions Leage.

Okay, November 21 has been set as the date for the Canadian Championship between Toronto and Montreal. Montreal will be the home team. Winner gets a bid to 2022 Concacaf Champions League.