Terry Caulley

Has anyone heard how Caulley is coming along with his knee rehab? Our backfield doesn't look nearly as good if he turns out to be a Matt Dominguez...

After one knee injury he's somehow injury prone? We still have KK and Trey Smith so we should be OK in the backfield.

I am not sure what knee Terry injured last season but you might find this interesting. From his Wikipedia page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Caulley:

Terry Caulley (born June 22, 1984) is an American Football running back. He played college football at Connecticut. Despite sitting out the 2003 and 2004 seasons with a knee injury, he has racked up 2,928 rushing yards including 29 touchdowns. In 2003, Caulley had a breakout game against the University at Buffalo, rushing for 236 yards. Despite having a successful college career, he did not get drafted in the 2007 NFL Draft. However, he signed with the Washington Redskins as an undrafted rookie free agent on April 30, 2007. He was released by the Redskins on June 1, 2007.
Terry now plays for the Hamilton Tiger Cats of the Canadian Football League.

Food for thought.

• paul

ps. I am not as sold on Tre Smith as some of you are. He is undersized and puts the ball on the ground way too much. I could see Obie bringing in some import talent for training camp.

I hope they will bring in some other backs also. At least to push Smith and Caully for a spot on this team. There is no lack of solid import RB's out there it's just a matter of finding the ones who's play suits the CFL game.

Don't forget Andre Callender out of Boston College whom the Ticats picked up late last season.
He just might be a "sleeper".

Import RBs are our strongest position on the team.
That is why Jesse is in Edmonton because our RBs are all set!!!

I dunno, paulywood,

Tre Smith is actually bigger than Terry Caulley, so I'm not sure being undersized is his weakness.

He has certainly dropped the ball a few times too many, I've noticed that too. In fact he fumbled 10 percent of the time last season, compared to zero for Terry. This is definitely an area he needs to improve on greatly.

I think he has potential though. He's been streaky... had great games and poor ones (reminds me of a certain RB we had last couple of years but has moved on to Edmonton)... but he plays hard and can be very exciting. If he can find the handle on the ball, I think he can make a good contribution. If Keith and Caulley are our main backs, Smith can provide an interesting change of pace.

8) Exactly right "merlin" !!
As far as size goes, don't even bother by going what the official stats say.  Tre Smith is only 5'10" and no more that 180 lbs., despite what the ticats stats say about him  !!!

As far as offical height and weight goes, don't believe what the team tells you, because they always inflate those stats  !!!

Trey is not starter, Caulley proved hes elusive and deserves to challenge keith for a 1 2 punch or straight up starting job, this guy dangles and jukes out there.

I didn't know that about Caulley. Good to know.

As for Trey Smith, I'm not arguing that he is a starter. I'm just saying that he's a good player for spelling our RBs. We also still have KK and I'm sure we'll bring in another guy to push all three in camp.

think you would be interested in AJ Harris? Edmonton just picked up a new RB and with a Canadian backfield it will be awfully tough to make room on the roster for an import RB as a backup... :wink:

Actually I think he would be most likely to go to BC (with Logan ditching to the NFL) or Toronto (depending on Ebell's recovery)

I am not sure what knee Terry injured last season but you might find this interesting. From his Wikipedia page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Caulley:

Terry Caulley (born June 22, 1984) is an American Football running back. He played college football at Connecticut. Despite sitting out the 2003 and 2004 seasons with a knee injury, he has racked up 2,928 rushing yards including 29 touchdowns. In 2003, Caulley had a breakout game against the University at Buffalo, rushing for 236 yards. Despite having a successful college career, he did not get drafted in the 2007 NFL Draft. However, he signed with the Washington Redskins as an undrafted rookie free agent on April 30, 2007. He was released by the Redskins on June 1, 2007.
Terry now plays for the Hamilton Tiger Cats of the Canadian Football League.

Good post, Paul. Since Caulley sat out the 2003 and 2004 seasons with a knee injury, it makes one wonder if he injured the same knee last year. Hopefully, the Ti-Cats trainers and physicians are checking on this. A knee injury that causes a player to sit out 2 seasons MUST have been quite severe.
Hamilton is infamous for accepting damaged goods.

injury prone or not Kieth and Caulley give the Ticats a formidable 1 -2 punch running attack. They do need a big slotback. either in a trade or draft pick. QB, RB, O line, :thup:

I dont know good fan with the Lummer in the back field they better keep a very good backup like we found out.