Terry Baker Coming to Ottawa?????

Rumour has it that Terry Baker, 40, would entertain thoughts of playing in Ottawa (again). We need a kicker that sees only one goal post with two eyes.
Baker lives in Halifax, and his only request is that he be flown in for each game , then flown back home. He has a gift shop in Halifax.
Don't laugh, the Renegades have been flying some guy (can't remember his name) in to do some kicking tryouts, so why not Baker who is not all that far removed from the game, and still has some miles left. He was , as we say here in the Ottawa Valley, "a gooder". And don't forget, we now have an owner with money.

Gor Rough :cry: , er, Renegades, Go!!!

you guys already got Matt Kellett from us what do you need terry baker for?

GO ALS GO!!! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Matt Kellet is still seeing double. Too bad, we wasted our first round pick.

The Renegades remind me of Spinal Tap. Spinal Tap was cursed and couldn't establish a steady drummer in their line-up and Ottawa can't establish a placekicker in thier line-up

Breaking news...this just in...
DB Deshaun Austin is coming to Ottawa from BC for future considerations.

Hurray!!! Who the hell is this guy anyway???? Never heard of him, and I was at the Grey Cup game! : :roll:

Go Rens Go!!!

who is he anyway and what is your point on making a post that Baker is coming back since the rens have a good kicker in Kellet.

I’m telling you once and for all, Kellett is a good kicker, but he can’t see for God’s sake. And I’m asking “You” who he is.

ROFL Spinal Tap !

I'm confused...

talk is Frank Cutolo has been told not dress for practice today and await news of a trade........rumours are he COULD be heading to WPG. for the negotiating rights to Ricky Bell....or others.... :?: :?: :?:

I didn't mind Austin last year, I think he'll do okay for you guys. I beleive Austin may have hurt his knee last year and missed a few games. (Just going off memory...someone correct me if I'm dreamin)

I'm waiting for Thursday's game to see what our secondary is going to do. That's our "Achilles heal!"

If anyone seriously doesn't know who Baker is, he used to kick for the Als untill he retired a few years ago. If he is comming back I would love to see him come back to the Als.

At bit of useless trivia for for
After 15 years in the CFL Terry Baker only missed 1 extra point convert. He missed his first attempt and never missed another after that

Baker must have been the CFL's most successful kicker on fake plays. He would run, he would throw... and he was never afraid to deliver tackles.

I miss him. We've never had a good kicker since his retirement.

Was it not Baker who got a game misconduct for a so-called roughing the ref penalty a few years back?

Instant replay was needed there to show the ref ran in front of him and it was accidental

I don't know how my original post "Rens make big trade with BC" got mixed up with my rumour about Terry Baker coming back to play in Ottawa, but, just a refresher....I do know who he is, he played for Ottawa ....he was one of the best kickers the Ottawa Rough Riders ever had, ewxcept for Gerry Organ of course.
This site is whacked.

Love the Spinal Tap analogy! Exploding drummers! Exploding kickers! Bring back TB.

Not sure who Austin is either but the more the merrier...

Bring Bobby Curtolo to Ottawa!

GO Gades GO!

[quote="Swahgade"]

Bring Bobby Curtolo to Ottawa!

ROTFL!!! I was going to alude to Bobby freakin' Curtola!!!! But didn't think there was anyone in here old enough to remember, uh, now that Elmer's gone. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Everybody sing.... "(S)he wore blue velvet/ ooh/ooh"..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just spewed my mouthful of tea!!!!

....Bobby friggin' Curtola!! heheheheheh :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for making my day Swahgade!

:)

Go Rens Go!!

she wore blue velvet was Bobby Vinton NOT Bobby Curtola...who was a kid from Thunderbay by the way, who still stars in Vegas, it's Frank CUTOLO.... who probably couldn't sing his way out of a wet paper bag.....but has pretty good hands.....lol lol lol. yeah I AM THAT OLD. :lol: :lol:

You're right papalooza. I couldn't think straight with the tears rolling down my cheek. I should have realized that it was The Polish Prince that sang Blue Velvet.
But c'mon, that Bobby Curtola reference was priceless. :lol:

had me laughing....i thought maybe we had our very first singing and dancing receiver only a different hit parade. :shock: