Terrible news on Norwood!

WOW, what a season of injuries.

If true, another all star lost!

[url=http://www.tsn.ca/report-ticats-norwood-out-with-torn-acl-1.395148]http://www.tsn.ca/report-ticats-norwood ... l-1.395148[/url]

Drew EdwardsVerified account ?@scratchingpost 33m33 minutes ago
Sounds like #Ticats DE @ENorwood40 has a torn ACL. That would end his season, obviously & put the start of 2016 in question. :expressionless: :expressionless: :expressionless:

This is indeed bad news but I wasn't exactly expecting good news on his injury when I saw him being helped off the field.

Just checked the roster and when Norwood is added we will have 23 players on our combined 1 and 6-game ILs - definitely the most "banged up" team remaining in the playoffs. (Calgary is a close 2nd with 20)

Bad news loosing our power bookend :cry: :thdn: and the way the hit happand by Simoni hurts even more....

I know when I saw it on TSN he had blown the ACL, I had that and had seen many others with the same fate.

I wish Eric Norwood all the best in his ACL Surgery repair and recovery and to get back at it next season. It's a tough loss to lose a good D-Lineman as Norwood but we have lost so many good players and starters this year, hopefully we get them all back again and healthy for next year.

Who do we have for replacement for Norwood? We have the Canadian DE Gascon-Nadon and DE Troy Davis and Everett Ellefsen on the practice roster. DE Adrien Tracy is on the six game injury list not sure of his status?

I guess we'll know soon enough who will replace Norwood against Ottawa?

GO CATS GO!!!

Maybe Norwood and Collaros can do their rehab together.

What an up and down season for Norwood. He came back twice from significant injuries, and has now suffered a third. But in between he had some spectacular plays, including two fumble return TDs and an interception to the 1 yard line. He was averaging one sack per game in August, and I don't think it's a coincidence that our peak performances of the season occurred when Norwood was in the line-up.

We need this guy back on our team. If he's not ready to start next season, hopefully he can step in right around the time the first defensive end gets hurt. (Not trying to be negative, I think that's just our new reality. Depth is more important than ever.)