Terrell Owens added to Eskimos neg list

There are always exceptions. Hershel Walker took up MMA after his football career, (he was also a phenom College wrestler). He won his two fights at age 48 in such a dominant fashion, he could not get a fight. Nobody would fight him. This is Hershel at 48.

T.O like Hershel is a very special athlete. I can think of a lot worse #4 or #5 receivers in this league than Owens.

George Foreman retired in 1977 . He regained the partial belt at age 45 and retired again at age 48 . He was heavily motivated .

That’s boxing so if TO has the speed and hands he maybe able to play .

It’s the contact after the catch that makes me think he will not be able to play .

Is it worth it it T.O. for health reasons when the money is not there in the CFL .

Why would anyone desire a massive egomaniac to play up here. The guy has been a team cancer everywhere he played. Hence why he played for so many teams.

As talented as he was... he wasn't worth all the BS to them, and he shouldn't be to us either.

He acted that way while making millions, so making 100-150K in the CFL will bring out an even worse side of him.

We let Duron Carter play in this league.

Carter is a mild-mannered gentleman compared to Owens.

Here is the Owens the NFL knows:

Haha! Ok...

The only thing about Owen's when he was with niners is he hated Jeff Garcia and feuded with other NFL QB's .

Garcia the ex CFL QB didn't deserve some of the slurs especially about his sexuality .

T.O. would be in for a hard time if he did any of that with Reilly he might get a beat down .

You’ve obviously never met him

Lol. You’ve obviously never met Duron Carter.

I just learned that T.O. and I share a birthday :expressionless:

I can't see it as simply marketing hype, though there is certainly an element of that in pretty much any move a team makes, because lots of people have no idea who he is. You would have to be at least a casual fan of the NFL for several years before he retired to understand the significance of his presence on the roster. So, from a marketing standpoint giving T.O. a shot is would be only partially effective, if at all.

http://www.3downnation.com/2018/07/16/terrell-owens-triggers-10-day-clause-puts-eskimos-on-the-clock/

Terrell Owens triggers 10-day clause, indicating interest in CFL
Posted on July 16, 2018 by Justin Dunk // 20 Comments
Receiver Terrell Owens activated the 10-day window that will force the Edmonton Eskimos to offer him a contract or release his rights on July 14, per sources.
The move by Owens is a sign he’s interested in coming to play in the CFL.
The Eskimos added Owens to their negotiation list on June 19.
Under CFL rules, any player on a team’s exclusive 45-man negotiation list can demand to be offered a contract within 10 days. If a contract offer is not received within that period, the player is removed from the neg list. If acontract offer is received but rejected, the player is removed from the list one year from the offer date.
Edmonton could offerOwens a two-year contract – all entry contracts are one-year plus a team held option – at the league minimum of $54,000 per season and retain his rights until into the 2019 season. Edmonton-based agent Jason Staroszik is handling the CFL negotiations for Owens.
The 44-year-old Owens has not played in a professional game since 2010 with the Cincinnati Bengals. But he can still run – fast, clocking a 4.43 40-yard dash.
In 2012 he played eight games with the Allen Wranglers of the Indoor Football League making 35 receptions for 420 yards and 10 touchdowns. The Seattle Seahawks signed Owens during training camp in 2012 but released him a few weeks later. Owens captained and played for the self-namedTeam Owens in the inaugural game of the American Flag Football League last June.
During 16 NFL seasons, Owens had 15,934 career receiving yards which rank second all-time in NFL history and 153 receiving touchdowns put him third. He was a five-time first-team All-Pro in the NFL. Owens was voted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame as part of the 2018 class.

Esks version of "Duron Carter", how low have my Esks gone!

This makes no sense

T.O. = poor man's Chad Johnson

Owens is not well suited for the CFL. No only does he refuse to leave his feet to catch a high pass, in Buffalo he wouldn't even extend his arms over head...deeming it a dangerous play, with the requisite glaring at the QB with his hands on his hips, "like you tryin to gets me killed or somethin, I want it in the numbers. If it looks like a duck and talks like a duck..." (Leaping and extending is a basic requirement of CFL receivers, even if they risk their safety. They won't be a CFL receiver long if they don't.)

Interesting point.

I think the Eskimos should pass on making an offer to Terrell Owens and allow some team that needs the publicity to sell tickets, e.g. Montreal Alouettes, Toronto Argonauts or British Columbia Lions, sign Owens.

:-\

Alouettes tried that with a couple of former NFL players. Chad "Occocinco" Johnson and Mchael Sam.

Johnson did very little when he actually played.

Sam did not even make it out of training camp.

Did not help sell tickets.

No need for Owens.

As well as Fred Biletnikoff, Billy "White Shoes" Johnson and James Scott from an earlier era in 1980-81.

:-\

Sam didn’t have a training camp. They signed him during the season, played a couple of shifts then bailed on them when he realized he couldn’t cut it.

?? He was at Training camp, bailed on the Als and was then suspended.