Well I have heard of other farfetched ideas, but this one is not as outlandish as it may first appear on face value as per the good article from Herb Z of the Gazzette.[url=http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/prospect+Tebow+looks+Alouettes+head+coach+help/2501507/story.html]http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/p ... story.html[/url]
I read that this morning......
Do you think there is anything to it?
Where there is smoke there is fire?
Here is how his quarter went at the Senior Bowl
– Tebow got the biggest applause during pre-game warm-ups, bigger than for any Alabama player.
– Tebow was a captain and won the coin toss. South receives the ball.
– Tebow hits Dexter McCluster for 11 yards on a screen pass to open the game, but throws too far to Riley Cooper and underthrows Anthony McCoy, leading to a punt. Tebow is 2 for 4 for 15 yards so far.
– Tebow took three of four snaps in that first series out of the shogtun, and two out of no-huddle.
– The starting QBs are Tebow and Tony Pike. Hmm, where have I seen this before?
– Tebow hands off twice before hitting Jeremy Williams with a 7-yard button hook on third and 4.
– The drive stalls when Tebow scrambles for four yards on third and 7. The middle of the field was wide open, but closed on him quickly.
– Tebow’s stats on his second drive: 1 for 2 for 7 yards, one drop, 1 rush for 4 yards, four snaps under center, three from shotgun. The game is tied 3-3 with 2:17 left in the first.
– Start of the second quarter, and Jarrett Brown is entering the game for the South now. Tebow finishes the first quarter 3 for 6 for 23 yards, with one rush for 4 yards. We may not see him again until the fourth quarter.
– Brown, by the way, is a former star at Palm Beach Lakes High.
– Oregon’s LeGarrette Blount scores on a 14-yard sweep over left end to make the score 10-3 North early in the second quarter.
– The best part of this game is definitely the southern belles in their pastel antebellum hoop dresses. Mardi Gras balls began last night.
– 17-6 North with 2 minutes left in the half. Looks like we came all the way to Mobile to watch Tebow sit on the bench.
It`s kind of ironic, but if it ever comes to fruition, Tebow might be the 3rd Florida QB to take a backseat to A.C. We had Jesse Palmer and now Chris Leak.
By the time he comes to the CFL, AC will be an Als coach LOL! He sold out the senior bowl… He’s very, very popular down South. The NFL would rather give him a million bucks a year to hold a clipboard rather than expose millions of Americans to the CFL.
Look under " Senior Bowl" and you will be informed that Tebow played rather poorly in The South’s loss to The East. Tebow completed 8 out of 12 passes for 50 yards with his longest 11 yards. He rushed for a 4 yard average. The North’s QB Dan Levour was voted MVP in the game. Looking further on this site is appears that Tebow has a poor rating for a QB with respect for the NFL and, could be picked in the 3 -4th round. He has no experience in the T formation and, might be drafted as a tight end or for a speciaized QB role. Buffalo, which is QB poor might draft him. He was known more for his running than passing.