Team has 8 days to get their together

Or else it will be a very short playoof run.
Are they up for it?

who knows...It's entirely up to them.

Preparation and focus are key.
All the talent in the world won't help without those two tangibles so the coaching staff and players need to be on the same page otherwise...

Well the team that whooped BC has not shown up the last two weeks.

Interesting column on the Spec.com by the ever-insightful Steve Milton: the Cats should adopt and play up the "underdog" label going into the EDSF. Ready to try anything at this point.

The Cats don't have to try very hard to play the underdog. :wink:

ETMRaw: Good piece as usual by Steve Milton.....but a comment on the piece by "The Dead Zone" is more realistic.
It starts off....."Nice sentiments, but this is just a bad team. They dominate in absolutely no areas. But they are poor in lots. And it starts at the top......etc."
The rest of the comment states in a very lucid way exactly what is wrong with this team.
Many people may not like the solution offered but unfortunately, I would have to agree that we have reached that point again.
Carrying on like this for one more season would be a waste of a season.
I would love to see us win at least the semi-final. But any joy will be tempered by the realization that it would likely just be one more of the peaks before the next valley on Steve Milton's "sine wave" football season.

This group never got its act together as a team but play as individuals. One thing I don't like saying is the Bummers and Mr Ed look much more like teams than we do yet their personal probably is not as good. Frigging maddening. :oops: :x

similar sentiments here catfish.

As far as pure individual talent goes, the Cats are undeniably top tier.
As far as team play and cohesiveness, not so much.

Here's hoping this team can gel, and in quick fashion. :thup:

Getting the team to "gel" is likely the toughest task they will face - of the 46 players on the active roster, 25 are in their first year with the Cats and 18 of the 25 added since the first game. Every team in the CFL deals with turnover and injuries but this seems like a lot to me (7 or 8 of the returning players on the 46 roster to start the year were on the ir last game). The key injury is to Marwan Hage and IMHO that is the key injury and as fans we will never know the complete impact that may have had on developing offensive schemes, blocking patterns etc.
That said, it is what it is and the team will succeed by dealing with the situation at hand.
Eat 'em Raw!!

Adopt??

They ARE the underdog...They're 8-10...

Sadly,considering their abyssmal road record...0-3 over their last 3 road games seems the most likely outcome...

All teams now have .000pct record.
With this years parity, any one can win the Cup.

Montreal loses two in a row, while vying for first place, including the last game which Trestman referred to as the Als' worst performance in the 4 years he's been in the CFL.

How many days do they have to get their act together, with players who were beat up and not rested?

The team has 8 days to get their act together? How are they going to do that when they've had 4.5 months & they haven't gotten it together?

How is Montreal going to do it, when they've played even worse? They've lost 3 in a row, including a 42 point blowout with first place on the line in each of those games!

And prior to their 3 game losing streak, they barely beat Hamilton by 2 points in Montreal.

While I agree that no one area is dominant (I would argue that kicking and special teams returns are pretty dam close), we have dominated teams at times. And while EVERYONE talks about how dominaint the "Peg's" DL and the the Al's receiving corp are...uh, not lately...

Ain't nobody got any momentum in the East...this is coin-flip territory...and we have beaten up the best in the west, so who the h-e-double hockey sticks knows?

While I agree that no one area is dominant (I would argue that kicking and special teams returns are pretty dam close), we have dominated teams at times. And while EVERYONE talks about how dominaint the "Peg's" DL and the the Al's receiving corp are...uh, not lately...

Ain't nobody got any momentum in the East...this is coin-flip territory...and we have beaten up the best in the west, so who the h-e-double hockey sticks knows?

It appears their left tackle had a huge problem converting from right tackle as a result of injury. I certainly hope the Tiger Cats scheme pressue to exploit this obvious problem. Hickman, Baggs, will need to put pressue on each tackle spot and Steele and Rose will need to colapse the middle. After last nights blowout, the Tiger Cats have an opportunity to play in the EDF. I hope Marcel and the rest of the coaching staff put together a solid game plan than can be adjusted on the fly. I hope the players screw their heads on right and play smart and hard. This will take a complete team effort. After last night, I am causiously optimitic.

Peaceā€¦