Team Gushue wins Brier

Congrats on winning and doing it in the extra end with one man short out with COVID protocol. Just watched the last 3 ends I taped from yesterday, becoming more of a fan of curling the more I watch. Congrats to Keven Koe and his team for putting up a great battle though.
We bought a tabletop set produced by Curling Canada and wife and me play it a lot, great fun I will say.

1 Like

@aerial:

I'll 2nd that. The pros are in such great shape that I really am not surprised that Gushue pulled it off while short a man. Still, as a recreational curler who huffs and puffs after sweeping only one end, I appreciate their incredible accomplishment.

1 Like

I feared it would be the type of game where it would be 1-0 until the near end, but I was wrong (and happy about it). A lot of action avec a lot of ends with points. Neufeld choked hard but it doesn't take away the credit of Team Gushue wich win with only three players. GG bro.

1 Like

Have you tried Stick Curling? Check it out. Great for us older people.

1 Like

@Munsey:

Fortunately, I am still able to get down and deliver without the stick. Good to know that the option is available for later on :grinning:.

We have an NHL/AHL vet at our club. He still dials it in without the stick, even though he can't get low. Many guys just like him. Only guy I know who picks up his rock with one hand and holds it up while he cleans the bottom with his other hand!

1 Like

Stick curling only has 2 on a team, no sweeping between the hog lines. 6 ends with 6 rocks each per end. So little sweeping but lots of rocks to play. Very enjoyable.

1 Like

Cool. We have both stick and conventional curlers on the same sheets in our regular leagues. :grinning:

Congrats to Gushue's team for silver. A shame that bad ice conditions were a major topic of the final match. I doubt that the World Curling Championships will be returning to Vegas any time soon.

1 Like