Taylor-Talbot Trade

I am shocked the Argos sent Talbot to Edmonton for Eric Taylor. Can any Eskimo fan tell me what they thought of Taylor last season? Looks like Edmonton has the upper hand in this one.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=309661

Edmonton gets WRs Andre Talbot and Brad Smith. Toronto gets DT Eric Taylor and a conditional 2011 draft pick.

What do you guys think of this trade? Pretty interesting. Gives Edmonton a pretty good receiving corps with Stamps, Peterson, and Talbot leading the pack.

A starting (and very good ) non-import receiver along with a backup non-import receiver for an at-best average DT in Taylor and a conditional draft pick?

Danny M wins that trade hands down.

Looks like he redeemed himself after signing Glatt. My liver thanks him. :stuck_out_tongue: This trade definitely doesn't make any sense for the Argos...

Eric Taylor is average, Talbot and Smith slightly below average but at least non import.

I finally figured out Maciocia's strategy : pick up players on the down side of their careers, that way we never have to worry about losing anyone to the NFL.

I wouldn't call Talbot below average. . .Smith yes, but not Talbot.

I didn't mean bad, I've just never considered him anything special. I don't believe he's better than any receiver we have already. Just my opinion, happy to have Canadian depth.

I know you didn’t mean bad. . . you meant what you said, ‘below average’, and I don’t agree, I think he’s better than average; no star yet certainly, but I do think he’s better than many non import receivers (e.g. I’d take Talbot over guys like Nowacki, Desriveaux, Deslauriers, Grant, Hargreaves, Bauman et al. . . but he’s not in the class of a Cahoon, Clermont, or Fantuz).

I don't think we traded for Talbot because Danny M. thinks he's a star receiver. Stamps and Peterson will always be the leaders on this team. However, adding Talbot does improve the team.

I imagine Brad Smith was added in just to make the trade work.

I think it was a great trade for the eskies, Talbot is above average, and cmon.. eric taylor? he was alright, good trade on our part, happy it went through and Danny M isnt a complete idiot.. well.. i wont hold my breath there.. he still kinda is :lol:

[url=http://www.630ched.com/Channels/Reg/EsksInterviews/Story.aspx?ID=1194979]http://www.630ched.com/Channels/Reg/Esk ... ID=1194979[/url]

If you listen through DM hints that he has 2 DT's signed just not announced yet. Also with the Glut of good LB's a 3-4 defense may be planned.

CHEIF ..REALLY??? "Looks like he redeemed himself after signing Glatt" ..... HAVE YOU SEEN GLATT PLAY IN B.C ????? HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ?? HE'S BETTER THAN ANY PLAYER IN THAT POSITION THE ESKS HAVE AT THE MOMENT ........... GOOD SIGNING ESKS ...... NOT A BAD DEAL FOR TALBOT FROM T.O. EITHER...... ESKS IN 2010 . :thup: :thup: :thup: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

It sounds like Talbot is excited to come to Edmonton. That's good to hear. Sounds like a change of scenery could be just what the doctor prescribed. :wink:

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=309673

Haha exactly.. who would want to play for a 3-15 team anyways? No doubt Talbot is happy to come to Edmonton.. at least were average.. sometimes hahaha

talbot will probably be a 1000 yrd rec. with ray throwin him the ball! great trade by the esks

Does anyhting in Toronto make sense? Argos are the last team any FA would wanna sign this year, they are brutal and will be basement dwellers again this season, i am not even going to mention the Maple Leafs and Blue Jays … LOL … as this is a CFL site, but please T.O keeps getting worse and the Talbot trade just proves it, great move by the ESKS!!

talbot will do ok here , it's just too bad we have to take everyone elses' unwanted players
not only that he's only got a year or two left in him he's too old...... we need some young talent at wr....... this was supposed to be a team rebuilding...... righttttttttttt ..... still cant beleive they let parker / mann go (maybe they got sick of the trash talk)... who knows ... i think maybe danny m is taking advice from cheif ........... :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn:
too bad i thought maybe just maybe the esks would compete this year....... better get lots of beer gonna be a longggggggggg season ............ :frowning:

It's a good thing he's not taking advice from you... We'd be rebuilding after every season. We do have some young receivers... Brad Smith, Efrem Hill, Jason Barnes, Kevin Challenger, and Kevin Wuthrich are all young, Plus we have some veterans to help lead them... Kamau Peterson, Fred Stamps, and now Andre Talbot. We'll be fine at receiver.

ONE WOULD THINK THAT TALBOT WOULD DO WELL HERE ... WATCH HE'LL COME HERE & POUT ALL YEAR 'COS HE WAS TRADED ....... SIMILAR TO MOST OF THE OTHER DEALS THE EVIL EMPIRE HAS MADE

IE: YOUNGER WAS GOOD IN T.O. , CAME HERE & SUCKED , OMAR MORGAN FROM SASK , CAME HERE & SUCKED .... EVERYONE BRAGS ABOUT OUR FOOTBALL TRADITION BUT NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY HERE ONCE THEY GET HERE ......

GO FIGURE........ ESKS YOU'RE PLAYER PERSONELL IS FINE ....... FIRE ALL THE MGMT , COACHES , ETC (EVERYONE NOT WEARING A JERSEY) . THEN YOU CAN BEGIN TO REBUILD........
SHEESH THIS CITY IS STARTING TO SUCK HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!! :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn:

I THNK DANNY READS CHEIFS POST THEN MAKES HIS DECISIONS THAT WAY .. SEE HOW WELL DANNY HAS DONE ....... WAY TO GO MC CHOKIA........