Taylor Field Capacity

Are there any other Rider fans out there who are ROYALLY at the fact Taylor field had shrunk its maximum seating capacity to 28,800!? For the first time in my entire life, me and my friends were rejected from attending a game, this being the Sunday 23rd game against the Stampeders. My brother was told by the lady at the ticket office that this new capacity limit bullshit is partly to do with the new Jumbotron taking up all that space in the one end-zone. To me this just isn't right. I remember how the commentators and other personel from the team used to joke about how there is always room for one more at Taylor Field. This is just pure conjecture but I have a feeling this new 28,800 cap has more to do with what Montreal has done with their home games than it has to do with any overgrown Jumbotron . WOULD, OR SHOULD THEY HAVE PUT THE DAMN THING IN AT ALL IF IT WAS GOING TO LIMIT SEATING CAPACITY SO DRASTICALLY!?!?
But I digress... It's well known that Montreal's Percival-Molson stadium has been sold out for every home game dating back several years, and that it will probobly be sold out for every game next year, due to their small seating capacity of around 21,500. I think the Rider bigwigs have listened to all the hype on TSN and whatnot about how they're such a successful franchise and said, "Whoa guys, maybe we should try and copy what they're doing! Yes, because we're stupid and unoriginal!" And that is why you will notice the Rider's ATTEMPTING to sell 28,800 for every game, instead of 23,000 for one week and then 45,000 the next. This is their plan! To do what the alouettes are doing coz its the trendy new thing, and makes things so much easier for them on the business side.
WELL GET A GRIP YOU STUPID EXECUTIVES AND GRAB SOME COMMON SENSE WHILE YOU'RE AT IT! This approach will hurt the fans and the team greatly in the future. I mean c'mon, do you really think that those same 10,000 or 20,000 fans who were turned away for this sundays battle against Calgary will simply go to a thursday night game next year against Ottawa for example!? NO!!! You will just simply lose those fans PERIOD. I may not even spend another $225 on voucher tickets next year because i may not even get to use them, like that 2 for 1 coupon they sent me. What the fuck use is that now!?!?!? I don't want to come off as an asshole to all you people, but this is a terrible situation that needs to be looked into, and i haven't heard the media say a damn thing about it.
My friend and I often debate the merits of the CFL vs. NFL. One point he makes is that the general atmosphere for NFL games is made so much greater because the stadiums are all filled with 50k or60k even 80,000 fans. The labour day game I attended in 03 was superb, precisely because there were over 45,000 yelling and screaming fans. In fact it's a little over the top, which is what makes it so fun. Well I guess those days are over. Let's shut the doors to our die hard fans so we can be like Montreal!

Quit your whining and buy your tickets earlier next time.

So you're upset that two days before what could be one of the biggest games of the year, and has really been one of the bigger games since last winter when Burris signed in Calgary, you couldn't walk up and buy tickets?

The only times there's been capacity for 45,000 is for big games when we've had the seating for the Grey Cup..... do you think that they should increase the seating so that those games in the middle of July could be even less sold out?

Do you know the plan is to be like Montreal, where they're always sold out? Or did you maybe talk to someone that was having a bad day, or has an axe to grind with someone in the organization, and they gave you this "inside" information?

Just wondering what you're basing this on.

Dont mind me, I may be stupid. I am not seeing how the jumbotron makes us have less seating. They didnt take any seats out. The only thing you could be referring to is what buddy mentioned just before me. The Grey Cup years we have all those extra seats, but those arent permanent. If you thought they were you need a little help understanding why they were put in. My woman just got us two tix to the game about one week ago. We wont be sitting directly beside eachother but we will be in the same section one row apart. That dont bother me at all.

Oh and for the record. Those Burris sucks jerseys that were made earlier in the season showed absolutely no class and I strongly encourage NO Rider Fans to wear those on Sunday.

Man, this game is like a second labour day game, even possibly bigger! You wouldnt' expect to get seats at a labour day game by buying the tickets 2 days before the game is! :lol:

Why dont you go to Taylor field and support the Scalpers? They will have tickets for you. They always have tickets for the troubled fans who didnt get tix in time.

Scalping tix is cool, even the Vikings coach did it.

You guys are completely missing the point.
Yes I'm a little upset that I couldn't get tickets for the game against the stamps, but I've already been to 2 games this year and will probobly make my way out to the Western semi-final wherever it is, so it's not as though this is a case of 'sour grapes'. I'll simply watch it on tv in the comfort of my living room.
My beef is that for many years the Riders policy was that there was always room for more. Obviously there has to be some point where safety becomes a factor and you may need to turn some fans away, but I remember the Riders quite regularly selling around 30k or 35k for big games.
And YES I KNOW that in Grey Cup years, a significant amount of extra seating was brought in, mainly for the Big Show, and only temporarily. It's also not as though I think we would sell 45,000 tickets just because the seats are there.
Well what about "Hemorrhoid Hill"? I've sat there a couple times, but now I believe they aren't allowing fans there anymore, because of the Jumbrotron. I was telling the honest truth about what the lady from the Rider ticket office said regarding the Jumbotron eliminating seating. I didn't just make that up!
And as for my rant about the Allouettes, their stadium, and how it pertains to the current scheme of the Roughriders, I am basing that on pure conjecture as was stated in my original post. I know at least one of you who replied need to look up the word 'conjecture' in the dictionary.

Question: why don't the Riders put in a few more seats and make it a 30,000 seat stadium like they did for the GC in 2003?

Actually capacity for the GC was WAY more that 30,000! It was somewhere around 54,000, or at least that's what I remember the riders drawing for one of the final games of the season against the stamps that year. You could probobly check out exact numbers on the website here actually.