Tay Cody wants out!

Tay wants to be traded!

Here's the link:

[url=http://www.thespec.com/Sports/Local%20Sports/article/299612]http://www.thespec.com/Sports/Local%20S ... cle/299612[/url]

I say anybody who goes to the media to discuss wanting a trade before working it out with the team deserves to be dealt out...

He's obviously not happy here and the cats should get rid of him...

He wants to go just because it's not all about Tay...

Hey, if we keep him why not have a TAY DAY next season...that should make him happy...the Cats could give out Tay Bobbleheads or something...that should make him happy...to have some outrageous caricature of himself with a stupid grin just bobbling around...

I say he is a bum and it's time to get rid of him and get someone who wants to be part of the team.

Later.

trade him for Geroy!

Now there is a suggestion that works for me.

Why would BC do that?

Last year Cody couldn't even cover his own shadow at half back and was useless at safety, he's a big hitter and that's it.

Hey Tay, you're awesome, man. THEE best.

Now get back to work.

Cody has enough talent that he could be traded for another starter, I think.

Obie will do whatever is best for the Ticats.

Cody said he doesn't believe the Cats want him as part of their long-term plans. He said he was hurt that every time the organization talked about their "core" players, they named Casey Printers, Jesse Lumsden, Zeke Moreno and Nautyn McKay-Loescher. His name was never mentioned.

he Ticats recently named Bob O'Billovich as the new GM but Cody said neither O'Billovich nor anyone from the organization has contacted him about his future in Steeltown.

Above are two quotes from Tay. Yes, you are correct on your first quote. Tay way to make an impression with the new GM. Your status is not really our priority is it now. horse behind the cart right we have done that too many times already. I am sure all player personnel will be addressed in due time patience Tay enjoy the season with your wife and 4 boys.

The funny thing is I think as fans we had a sneaky suspision that Tay felt this way. And Im sure if we knew, the players, coaching staff and management knew. So maybe that played a big part in making long term plans with him cause they didn't think he'd be around much more???

once a player "comes out" the trade value falls.

Not necessarily. The value would only go down if one team wanted him but if more than that would trade for him the value doesnt change much.

Well, the Rodney Dangerfield Syndrome has reared it's ugly head once again.

Poor Tay. Me, me, me.

I say keep him...just cuz we can.

This just shows he is insecure and defensive. After the way he played half back last year he should be glad Charlie took sympathy on him and switched him to safety or else he'd be out of a job.

After '06 I considered him a franchise type player but not after last year.

So what is it that other organizations are doing to "woo" players and respect them that the Ticats aren't doing?

I mean, aside from winning games.

Like seriously, this seems like a contract issue to me.

I am sure Marcel or Obie would recognize a difference from their previous employers.

Is it back rubs they want? Cheap rent? Hot towels? C'mon Tay lets hug this one out buddy.

• paul

I just read that in the paper too....what is it about this organization that causes all these players to demand trades?

Perhaps both Bobs should look into figuring out a way to keep these players happy so they don't demand these ridiculous trades. Perhaps they should get better food at the Christmas party?

In the article Cody says he loves the fans, but if thats the case then why is he requesting a trade? I always counted him as a "Core" player, its just been KP and Milton who haven't been including him in their columns.

Marcel Desjardin's 'dime a dozen' attitude towards players,
in particular imports, is at the root of Tay's discontent
and why our former players feel appreciated with the Riders.

If Marcel had used a little more tact in his public pronouncements

something approaching Eric Tillman`s civil tone,
Tay would have been less likely to feel disrespected.

This all started when Tay first asked Marcel to trade him
at mid-season and Desjardins seems to have simply said no.

Tay has a legitimate reason to feel hurt

but he does have a little bit of the
Charles Roberts syndrome in him.

These quotes sound like what Winnipeg fans hear
whenever Charles Roberts isn't in the spotlight.

"Overall I just don't like the way I was treated last season.
I don't feel I got the proper respect," Cody said...

...he doesn't believe the Cats want him
as part of their long-term plans.

...he was hurt that every time the organization
talked about their "core" players,

they named Casey Printers, Jesse Lumsden,
Zeke Moreno and Nautyn McKay-Loescher.

His name was never mentioned.

Cody said his discontent has nothing to do with
the fact the club moved him from halfback
to free safety last season but I think it does.

This kind of attitude isn`t always understood
but it makes him the type off player he is.

My guess is this can be quickly patched over.

This all started when Tay first asked Marcel to trade him at mid-season any Desjardins seems to have simply said no.

Tay has a legitimate reason to feel hurt

Why does he have a legitimate reason to feel hurt? He's using the media to try and get a long term deal. He asked for a trade...Marcel said no and thats it. Maybe if he would stop worrying about trying to get trade and worked on his game he'll have more 06' seasons then 07' seasons.

Well said, but at the same token...MD definitely wasn't the greatest GM. like you said his dime a dozen stance didn't help team moral. HOWEVER that doesn't mean that Obie believes in the same thing. To my knowledge, I don't believe he has a similar stance or has restated any sort of view similar to that of MD.

I feel bad for obie. This report has just blindsided him. He's been busy trying to promote the team enough to find a new DC and then this comes out. Tay has to grow up a little bit and look at the big picture. Both he and his teammates will be dealt with shortly.

Tay should realize that the "core players" that usually get mentioned were having a stellar season. Can he really look in the mirror and say the same about himself?

I know that he was moved around quite a bit (HB, CB, S), but it's kinda hard covering the best recievers in the league (SB) with a flat-tire for a knee. IMHO - that is why he was moved to safety (besides the fact that he was STILL our best DB). Imagine - you have been playing one position for years, then suddenly thrust into a position that you are not comfortable playing (BIG difference between HB and S). It also doesn't help that you are playing on a bum knee...

Tay has a right to be bitter, but he should look at himself and seriously ask himself if he maybe didn't give 100%. Still doesn't change the fact that the previous administration treated players like poop...