Tate throwing his helmet

I've been looking for someone else to comment but haven't seen it yet.

So I am wondering, shouldn't a penalty have been called on Tate for taking his helmet off and throwing it on the ground after the touchdown? And I am having a hard time getting a clear understanding of whether he took his helmet off after the play, or before Bryant got to the endzone. I assume after, so that would mean that even if a penalty had been called, the touchdown would have counted.

However, had the refs made the call, which they didn't (because the reffing is an absolute joke in this league), and had McKenzie not given up on the play and knocked Bryant out of bounds, that would have ended up with Calgary having a 10 yard penalty, and given the Riders one last chance to keep them out of the end zone. But it is clear to me that McKenzie gave up, and needs to go. Just one more of many reasons I don't want to see him back next year.

A lot of what ifs, and what does it matter now, but it is still bugging the crap out of me.

Go Riders in 2013.

I thought his celebration was early. Really would have made my day if the Riders could have scored and made him look like an even bigger tool.

WHETHER IT WAS EARLY OR NOT... I DON'T THINK THAT IS A CALL THAT ANY REF COULD MAKE IN GOOD CONSCIENCE, DURING THE FINAL MINUTE OF A PLAYOFF GAME.

LET'S JUST BE REAL ABOUT THIS ONE... THAT, WOULD HAVE BEEN WHAT MADE THE LEAGUE LOOK LIKE A JOKE.

A penalty is a penalty. If it was a penalty and it was not called , then and only then is the league a joke. I'm not clear on whether it was a penalty or not.

My opinion is the refereeing is a joke in the league anyways, to many outcomes be coded by the calls of the referees or in this case lack of a call. I'm beginning to think that the Referees feel that with the support the Rides get that they want the other teams to succeed at our expense. Just a theory.

I agree with both posts. It is a penalty. But if I was reffing I wouldn't want to call it.

In McKenzie's defense............if he can't get there............better to let the guy score and we had a crack at getting the ball back? McKenzie looked gased and wasn;t going to catch Romby, my opinion.

But a 10 yard penalty on that play makes them kickoff from 25 and we start around the 45 versus 30-35?

What I think the bigger joke is T. George getting suspended. It took him all of one hit to get suspended. Brandon Isaac and others can do it 1-2 times and get fined first............but a Rider sets a new precedent. This one is a joke.

Odell can;t touch anyone late without bringing on a flag.

Inconsistent reffing is a huge problem. Kevin Glenn scrambled yesterday and slid feet first, got pumped by a Lion...........no flag? Really?

The play on field is getting better. The league needs to keep the refs progressing as well. Right now its off and its impacting the on field product.