Tanenbaum (MLSE) Not Happy With CFL and XFL/USFL Discussion

Mayor of Halifax said the CFL could play in a parking lot, I don't see why the Argos couldn't play in the Home Depot.

Well usually some firms surface when they can buy a sports franchise that is losing money for a song and/or with in-kind assets that firm and its interests want to unload, and as far as venue, I figure MLSE would take an interest in a working those arrangements out as part of the deal of course.

2 Likes

Wow. Mixed memories, but that was one heck of a new stadium thread I think during pandemic unrest before resumption of play in September 2021.

A mediocre to slightly good time was had by most, but I vote we don't go back to that one or similar memories!

1 Like

I live at about 45.5 deg north in Minnesota. All four East home stadiums are south of me. North of 49 would only apply to the West Division.

3 Likes

I had to look that up. Never realized it before. I thought at least Ottawa would be further north, but nope... you are correct, sir.

1 Like

I really don't see MLSE getting rid of the Argos - Not when they can hold onto it and play "mind games" with the rest of the league - On a construction site I would use other words to describe the game being played - but basically MLSE has unlimited money and can screw over the rest of the League just out of spite by keeping the Argos.

3 Likes

Every power-broker has his price too, and power can wane as well as otherwise others with ownership interests can and will change their views when there is literally more money on the table to do so for their investment.

2 Likes

At least they are "smart" enough to "steal" money from the small market teams to keep them around.

I guess the community teams see value in keeping the East around as Winnipeg "I don't know which division I am in " does not go back to the East if one of the Eastern teams fold.

1 Like

At least the mayor was kind enough to offer a parking lot for the CFL to play on.

2 Likes