Taman

[url=http://www.cfl.ca/article/riders-not-ready-to-call-it-a-season-just-yet]http://www.cfl.ca/article/riders-not-re ... n-just-yet[/url]

And he says ...

You mean you weren't for the first 11 games?

You mean you didn't notice the complete lack of pressure on the opposing QB and large absence of 1 on 1 skill in the secondary?

Character has never been the issue. TALENT on DEFENSE is and has been the ONLY issue all along. Finding said talent is YOUR job. If you can't do it, stand aside.

He needs to be replaced with someone who knows what he is doing and has real contacts down south.

Not saying you are wrong that talent on defense is a big concern, but regardless of what the defence is doing, you have to score to win, and the riders have not scored a TD in how long now?

Offense has been a problem for like 3 games. Defense has been a problem all year.

This whole operation is a shi t show at the moment. Regardless of wheather Taman has done this or done that, good or bad, players are not going to by into anything that he comes up with, from coaches, to players aquisitions, to his public appearances on behalf of the team. As long as he's here this is what you are going to get. ZERO hope for a strong, standup organization. What could anyone possibly argue that proves this wrong?????????? If you want concrete evidence, go back to his track record in Winnipeg and take a look.

Bring in Joe Womack as GM and let him and a new HC build a new coaching staff in the traditional way it is usually done

Bring in Joe Womack as GM and let him and a new HC build a new coaching staff in the traditional way it is usually done
[/quote]
isn't Womack good pals with Tillman? Thought He was in Tillmans back pocket and is he even available or want that position?

Why not? He isn't working for Tillman right now. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that he is head scout or something with Hamilton, no? Who wouldn't want a promotion like that?

I've always thought it possible that Tillman brought Taman in as a poison pill, just in case he got fired (which, of course, he did). If, in fact, my guess was correct, then it was a pretty effective strategy. That would also explain why Womack got passed over for Rider GM.

Now that the pill has poisoned the Riders, this is the perfect opportunity for Womack to return on his white horse and be the saviour. Of course, he would be a fool to do so without the freedom to hire his own Head Coach, and give that coach complete autonomy to choose his own staff.

isn’t Womack good pals with Tillman? Thought He was in Tillmans back pocket and is he even available or want that position?
[/quote]
I understand he is currently Asst GM in Hamilton and heir-apparent to Obie when he retires. He was Tillman’s righthand man here, and I think he is well connected down south. If he gets the right offer here and has full control over a rebuild I think he can do a pretty good job. Now or soon is the time to see if we can get this guy. This is as close as we will come to getting Tillman back here, in my opinion.

I say again:
Rough Rider curse
As long as the Riders insist that Ottawa change their name they will never be free of it
Karma's a beotch

I've always thought it possible that Tillman brought Taman in as a poison pill, just in case he got fired (which, of course, he did). If, in fact, my guess was correct, then it was a pretty effective strategy. That would also explain why Womack got passed over for Rider GM.

Now that the pill has poisoned the Riders, this is the perfect opportunity for Womack to return on his white horse and be the saviour. Of course, he would be a fool to do so without the freedom to hire his own Head Coach, and give that coach complete autonomy to choose his own staff.
[/quote]
I completely agree with that therory!! I think it was Tillman's last laugh to suggest to a board, that very much valued Tillmans opinion but was forced to fire(resign) him, that Taman was our best bet for the position. And here we are! Even Toronto can score a touchdown for god sakes! It will certainly be very interesting to see what happens with Mr.Taman and the local fan reaction if he stays. Now that the board has to make their own decision, sans Tillman.

[I understand he is currently Asst GM in Hamilton and heir-apparent to Obie when he retires. He was Tillman's righthand man here, and I think he is well connected down south. If he gets the right offer here and has full control over a rebuild I think he can do a pretty good job. Now or soon is the time to see if we can get this guy. This is as close as we will come to getting Tillman back here, in my opinion. [/quote]
well that would certainly be nice but I have a feeling, and if Hamilton is pro-active, they'll lock him down some how before we even get a chance to give him an offer. Lets keep our fingers crossed....thanks for the info!

Womack was brought into Hamilton this off-season to be assistant GM and GM in training for Obie's impending retirement (likely after this season according to many sources).Personally I can't wait, have heard nothing but great thing's about him.I also heard Danny McManus will be the new assistant GM after working as our Florida scout for a few years and this year's head scout.Perhaps in a year or so the Riders can snag him, he REALLY knows his stuff.

I believe I had Danny Mac listed as a high choice to join the Riders as a QB coach or OC. A bright football mind.

Fire Taman immediatly as the new GM will want his own people and the way that Taman operates it looks as he is a waste of office space.
Taman's had 2 years and were still waiting for a D-end since Baggs and Chick left.

so git rid of him now and let the footbal world know that we are looking for a GM.

No one is going to interview for any of these jobs until contracts expire at the end of the season. The only thing to do for now is get butt-kicked for 4 more merciful games.

at least those that are interested in comeing here will know that we will be interviewing at seasons end

That sounds about right to me. So let's pretend like it's training camp right now, start some of our young guys on the O-line, see if Bergquist has any game ability, and try some other new guys out on D.