Taman

Hey Taman, Baltimore just released a kicker Lloyd Rhyss. I know its late looking for a kicker but might as well give him a try. Westwood was done 7 years ago. If he couldnt do the job when he was 35 what made you thinkj he could at 40..We should have looked for a kicker a few years ago.

If rw2005 sees that topic title he'll be drawn in here like a fly on ****.

....where is my man Ryan when we need him,,,i know in the NoFunLeague.... :cry:

Taman is looking for a kicker, he thought he found one in Europe and the guys stats are great, but he tore a ligimate playing basketball. too bad. It is obvious now, and you have to adnit Pikula should be done, he can’t kick a field goal from outside the 35 if his life depended on it and his punting is alway’s angled incorrectly (isn;t that why we let what’s his name go at the beginning of the year? after one game.)

This IS NOT GOOD, 2 games left and 2 kickers with there confidence shattered, not good for the team heading into the playoffs. I say give TROY BOY a shot on Saturday in Toronto, YES he missed some field goals, but at least he has made some from beyond the 35 yard line. Sit Pikula and give TROY the same chance they gave Pikula 3 times this year (sitting out Troy) WAKE UP TAMAN PLAYOFFS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER.

There are lots of american kickers around but I think they need a canadian because they really don't have another canadian who has enough talent to put into the lineup unless you want to sit an Armstrong or Edwards. Taman even talked to Mike Vanderjagt but he wasn't interested. We're stuck with what we've got and I've seen enough of Troy to know that if you put him in a situation where he needs to kick a field goal to win a playoff game he'll hump one into the corner of the end zone every time. The guy should have been cut 5 years ago. The only option we have is to stick with Pikula and start gambling on 3rd downs outside of 35 yards but Westwood should never wear a Bomber uniform again. Taman thought he was clever and could save money and sqeeze 1 more year out of his ancient kicker but now its biting him good.

...secret weapon brought in today...guy by the name of Barrett...don't know much about him other than he's American and was seen at practice today booming a few....i think we've seen this act before...and who knows if anything will come of it... :roll: :?

this is for all you who think you know something about this kicking game. First off when Jon Ryan was here in his first year didnt he have to same avg as Pikula.... now look at him. It takes time to adjust in this league.. Also hasnt pikula out punted the other teams in the last 7 games? He has been doing a great job.. I have to admit his Fg kicking hasnt been that great but remember he has never had a kicking coach before...... Taman should call up a NFL kicking coach and give that guy a couple sessions. Remember Ozzie, Paul McCallum, Lui Pasaglia, bob cameron all bounced around the league saying the same thing that they could not hack it in this league.... Now look how long there careers have been. Pikula is still young and with maturity he will be the best in the league come future..... I was not pleased when his home crowd boo'ed him... What does that show of the home fans?

I say you play both kickers.

Troy has the ability to kick far....just someitems doesnt have the accuracy. Anything beyond 35 yards, I would say put troy in. Anything closer, and put Rob in.

Don't know what your sniffing? and it is obvious you know nothing about the kicking game. Every CFL team has a ST coach and also a kicking coach and last i checked Jon Ryan's average was alot better and he had the ability to ANGLE the punts from DAY 1, something Pikula cannot do. Granted he is young and can learn, but a FAR CRY from JON RYAN in year 1.

what i am sniffing?? ok who is our kicking coach? who is any teams kicking coach? Speical teams coaches dont know proper technique in kicking. Yes every team has a ST coach but they dont have kicking coaches… What was jon ryans punt avg his first year? And hasnt Pikula angled all his kicks this year? The only kicks i see not going towards the numbers are the bad snapped punts but he has managed to get them off…also hasnt Pikula’s avg suffered from two partial blocked kicks and the kicks that he had to run 40 yard backwards to kick from a snap over his head… Im not taking anything against John Ryan as he is Canadas best Punter… but you have to admit that he wasnt who is is now in his first year. You are just a very negative person on this site who likes to state his optnion… i would love for you to name the kicking coach in winnipeg… or on any team for that matter?

Flemings back. For one of the first times all season we will actually be starting a real punter and a real place kicker together in the same game. :thup:

....this should work pigseye....this 'merry-go-round' kicking situation may have finally stopped....however...if things don't go well in T.O....the ride may start up again...... and this thing could make everyone dizzy for quite awhile yet lol .. goBigBlue... :thup:

ok i dunno why you are trying to say pikula is any good he is complete garbage most of his punts are 30 yrds and there just so short that they bounce another 10 yrds because for some reason returners give him respect, we lose so much yardage with pikula because he kicks like a girl and than it always results in no yards penalty.

by the way jon ryan was amazing from day 1.. name pikula's longest punt in his 1st year? name ryan's biggest punt in his 1st year? here i'll give you ryans biggest punt in his rookie year 92 yrds...

pikula will never never never be as good as ryan was i don't care how much training you put him in for all i care take him away for 3 yrs and train him and he will still just be avg.

this is what you gotta look in a kicker, one that is flexible (that can like kick and touch his nose) ryan was flexible thats why he was good and pikula can barely get his leg above his waist. just look around the good kickers in the league are flexible.

you are a complete idiot for saying what you just said supadupatroops? Do you even know Pikula? And when has his kicks been going only 30 yards and bouncing? I recall being at the last 4 home games and Pikula out punting all kickers even paul mccallum and last week against burk dales. You're comments are totally media driven..... Look at prefontaine he was 63% 10/16 at the beginning of the year and noone in Toronto talked negativly of him.... Pikula just needs some kicking help and he will be fine.... what other canadian kicker in the league can do all three? he is the most promising. And i still asked what is Jon Ryans avg in his first year.... I never said pikula would ever be as good as him im just stating a fact that it takes two years before you start exploding some kicks. ... Your comments are rediculous..... hahahah

pikula is a punter not a place kicker he is horrible place kicking furthest at most is 40 with wind behind him and ryans avgs throught his cfl career were 45. w/e and 56 cfl record, what about how many times pikula kicks game thats why his avg. is beating others he punts 4 or 5 times a game and others kick more of course he will out kick them and when punters pin us deep and only have to punt 35 yrds that also effects avg. pikula has never pinned any1 in the 5 yrd line that i recall. by the way 1 of the last 4 games was westwood punting because the greatest so called punter took to long to kick the ball and got KO'd

NEWSFLASH ..... WESTWOOD IS PLACEKICKING AGAINST T.O AND FLEMING IS PUNTING ... 2 CANADIANS..... PIKULA WILL BE WEARING STREET CLOTHES, EVEN THOUGH HIS INJURY IS HEALED, ABOUT FREAKIN' TIME ... OH AND CIS, YOU'RE THE IDIOT, YOU THINK YOU KNOW IT ALL MAN, YES PIKU;A HAD A FEW LONG PUNTS MAN, BUT THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO BE ANGLED OUT OF BOUNDS NOT INTO THE END ZONE .. THAT IS WHY HE SUCKS AND IS BENCHED .. AND HE WOULD FAIR NO BETTER PUNTING IN THE PLAYOFFS AS A ROOKIE IN THE WINNIPEG WIND ... YOU LOVE THIS GUY, BUT MAN YOUR THE ONLY ONE, 29,000 OTHER'S HATE HIM.

I don't have any feelings one way or another about how effective Westwood still is but the way this thing is playing out makes me feel sorry for the guy. One day he's gone like burnt toast, the next he's in. Berry has not handled this situation with much class in my opinion.

I couldn't have said it better Lebird. Lets hope that these two kickers can get Winnipeg to the Grey Cup. As for Pikula I would'nt say he is garbage as he did win a game against BC and he should be given some time before he is written off. Bomber fans and coaches tend to write off too many players that often go on to star on other teams. Hello Danny Mac!

blue&gold4ever… what do you have against pikula? He is a young canadian kid who will probably have a good long career in the cfl. Pikula has won two games for the blue this year, against BC and agaisnt Tor. So he shows that he can do it. Like shadow7 said Barry has treaded this whole kicker situation the wrong way, he has something against kickers, and i hope this pikula kid will go to another team and burn us down the road. Too much negativity on his site.