Taman And Chamblin hit With the Axe

It's too bad but Corey Chamblain and Brendan Tamen's time was running out in Regina. When Durian Durant went down for the season the Riders thought they were safe with back up Kevin Glenn but even Glenn's experience at first couldn't help the team to win and eventually he was lost for 6-8 games due to injury.

The depth of their QB's beyond that hasn't produced anything positive and just further losses to the team.

Bob Dyce and Jeramy O'Day are not in for the long run and will be replaced I'm sure by years end, many good coaches out there and potential GM's to take the controls of Riderville and move the team forward next year 2016 and in their new stadium by 2017.

Some names mentioned include:

Mike Benevides
Tom Higgins
Jaques Chapedelaine
Marcel Bellefeuille
Paul LaPolice

To name a few with much more to come I'm sure.

I think this Labour Day's list of games especially between the Riders and the Bombers could be the end soon to Mike O'Shea in Winnipeg especially if they lose in Regina on Sunday? I'm surprised O'Shea has lasted this long considering Winnipeg's previous run of firing of head coaches like Paul LaPolice. Current Bombers offensive coordinator Marcel Bellefeuille would make a good replacement to O'Shea and at least has some head coach experience.

Agree that Chamblin and Taman had worn out their welcome. Not sure about Bellefeuille as a possible HC (much as I liked him here). Dyce now has his “dream job” (I listened to the press conference) and, should he do a decent job, it is POSSIBLE that he is retained as HC. He does have a history with the team having been there for 4-5 years. That may or may not work in his favour but he appears to be well-liked. BTW, the expectation (by management) is that the Riders WILL win on Sunday. O’Sh may manage to win the Banjo Bowl.

I’d be surprised if O’Shea was fired. He was hired by Walters and since they are trying to re-build the team and in particular, their national depth, I think that he will be cut some slack at least until the end of the season. The LaPolice firing was Joe Mack who was probably trying to save his own skin. Eventually he was given the boot too (along with Burke).

PHEW!!!, You are correct.
We have Orlondo until after next season unless Austin lets him go, and I think Austin would want him to stay!

From Drew Edwards

[b]"Late last year, Steinauer was quietly signed to a contract extension that included the 2015 and 2016 seasons. As part of that agreement — which provides an unusual measure of job security for a co-ordinator — a no-movement clause was included.

But general manager and head coach Kent Austin retains the right to grant permission for Steinauer to interview with other clubs.

The B.C. Lions made some initial inquiries about interviewing Steinauer for their head coaching vacancy last winter, a position that ultimately went to Jeff Tedford.[/b]"

8) I would scratch Chapedelaine off of that list for sure. Regina fans want him fired also, ASAP !!
  He is as big a joke as Chamblin was.

The melon head fans would riot if Chappy was ever made HC !!!     <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

At season's end they will have an abundance of possibilities and seems like that's the route they are going.

Noel Thorpe
Tommy Condell
Orlando Steinaur
Marcus Brady
Mark Washington
Mark Nelson
Jeff Reinebold
Kavis Reed

Depending how their NFL ride goes

Marc Trestman
Jeff Garcia