Talk with Lonie Glieberman

Another newer article (2015) I just randomly found (I do not see anything posted since 2009 canoe stories on here)
It is kind of interesting to hear his take on certain issues, esp ones still plaguing the modern CFL (eg younger fan apathy)
He still thinks alot of what he did was good just Ottawa fans get triggered too easily (eg changing logo, fan events, signings, etc)

1 Like

Is it just me or does this prove once and for all some people are idiots and just do not know it.

4 Likes

As soon as I seen Lonie's pimply face I wanted to punch it.
Thanks for sharing that article, brought back some bad memories, glad it over.

1 Like

He made an interesting point about American expansion. Makes you wonder how it would go if the CFL owned a team :wink:

A good idea in theory but a poorly executed process

This XFL plan is just as desperate as the US expansion boondoggle.

2 Likes

Except XFL isn't rushing towards a season. FOX is more comparable that way but at least FOX has a plan to cut down start up costs.

1 Like

Moot points all .... The mighty and supremely wealthy NFL will kill any competitors to their empire. They will spare no expense to do so

i haven't seen any evidence of that

1 Like

They are paying 790 million to St. Louis to keep them " interested in the NFL"

Nudge nudge, wink wink :beers:

2 Likes

St Louis was also suing the NFL. It's cheaper to pay them off. Even if the XFL lost St Louis there is still Oakland and San Diego. There's about a hundred different cities in the US that they could go to as well. It's not a big deal.

1 Like

I can see those three towns joining the XFL just to tell the NFL to pound sand.

Not that to the Jerry Jones league cares about cities that lost teams.

2 Likes