Taking wind in the third quarter

Did anyone else shake their head when this decision was made? I’m glad it didn’t come back to bite us in the butt!!

I think you can go either way on this and there is pros/cons both ways.

reasons to choose wind in the 3rd
to help out weak 3rd quarters
get momentum back after the late argo score
try and bury the argos for a relaxing 4th

reasons to choose wind in the 4th
have the wind in case you need to come back
keep the argos from having the wind in the 4th

it's a toss up either way. but yes it is good that it didn't come back to haunt us.

I think they chose to receive the ball in an attemp to bury the Argos early and establish momentum against a weak team in the second half. Kerry Joseph in all likelyhood was out of the game and the wind wasn't as big a factor as it can be at Mosaic Stadium. I liked the move.

Honestly the wind was negligible, for Saskatchewan that was a calm day, the wind played little to no factor in the game. I know they kept mentioning it on TSN during the game, but if you were at the game the flags were pretty much standing still.

That is good to know that the wind died down by halftime. Thanks for the note, Dust!

I don't think it calmed down it was never really there. :slight_smile:

I tend to believe the opposite of whatever Black is trying to describe on the field, so I pretty much assumed wind was not a factor.

I shook my head. I was at the game, I get home, and usually I PVR the game but had forgotten this time so I tune it into TSN2 and hear Rod Black going on about the wind. It's almost like he has notes written down before the game and commenting on the wind is one of them for Taylor Field.

I personally think it may have had something to do with Darian Durant. Look at the Edmonton game. Durant had a tendancy to overthrow and float balls while throwing with the wind. When throwing into the wind he seemed to be more accurate and as a result moving the offense downfield.