Tait: Bombers feel the sting of Grey Cup loss

At least all Canadians and all C.F.L. fans can agree that Toronto is the best city, the Argos are everyone's favourite team, and we are all happy that they have won the most Grey Cups!!! AAAARRRGGOOOOOSSSSSSSS

1 Like

Thanks, I needed a good belly laugh.

1 Like

Everywhere? Certainly not in Tarrana.

2 Likes

Hi Dibs. There's only one "r" in Tarana.

1 Like

Like the one cup the Argos will win this decade?

I knew my comments would shake the hornet's nest!!

For the record, Argos have won three of the last ten cups!!! More than anyone else. They have won all seven of the last seven Grey Cups they played, and are 7-0 vs. Winnipeg. Argos have never lost a Grey Cup to Winnipeg, and Winnipeg has never won a Grey Cup vs the Argos. Put that it your pipe and smoke it!! (all in fun).

1 Like

And.... I drove my son all the way from Toronto to Winnipeg just to watch a game in August 2021. Three days to get there, three days in Winnipeg and three days to get back. All to see the Argos lose.... You have a beautiful city, beautiful stadium and amazing Winnipeg fans. Hope to see Argos and Winnipeg in the next Grey Cup!!!

1 Like

Not if history insists on repeating itself.
Glad you and your son enjoyed the Peg.

1 Like

It was a great trip.

And not to drag this on longer than it needs, but every year 8 teams don't win the Grey Cup. 7 teams don't even make it to the game. Winnipeg lost effectively by a tipped field goal attempt. Anyone should stand tall and be very proud of what the Blue Bombers accomplished this year. They were clearly the league's best team. They will be a force again next year. I still love the Argos, (I have to!!) but fully respect Mike O'Shea and the Winnipeg team.

2 Likes

And... There's no denying.... Even those that hate Toronto and HATE the Argos, love Michael Pinball Clemons!!!

2 Likes

I was concerned how the Bombers would fare against the Argo’s defense. Apparently my concern was justified.
And yes, everybody loves Pinball. I also like Dinwiddie and hope he has a terrific career against all seven of the other teams.

2 Likes

Now we move to curling season. I think we can all agree on cheering for Winnipeg's Jennifer Jones and her team.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!:+1:t2: Have to disagree about your take of the best city in Canada but everyone from any Province / Territory has their own opinion :smiley:

…Gasp… gurgle… I ate through… the hull… glub… it was… delicious… blurrrrrrrrp… ohh that was a… a good burp…

1 Like

Ye should never eat before swimmin’. Stomach cramps ye know. Yeeesh.

1 Like

The gas is keeping me mostly above water. :grinning: :+1:

Well if ye canna swim, use the gas for jet propulsion. Aiming for land helps.

1 Like

I can swim. It’s what happens after I STOP swimming that worries me. It’s a good thing that I ditched my lucky anvil before jumping overboard.

1 Like

I spent several decades following the NFL in general and the Minnesota NFL team in particular. I had already quit following them when I finally got cable TV nine years ago. I happened across a CFL game and realized I could watch an entertaining game without caring about who wins. That latter part did not last long and now I’m definitely a Blue Bomber fan. Considering the Super Bowl record of my previously favorite football team I’m still riding the high of '19 and '21. I’m a little subdued by this year’s Grey Cup, but I’m still a happy fan. By the way, while Minnesota is a pretty good hockey state, we’re still looking for a Stanley Cup.

3 Likes