Tait: Bombers excited as training camp opens

It was damp, it was chilly, and the grey skies certainly could have given a funereal feel to the first day of Winnipeg Blue Bombers training camp. And yet there was veteran right tackle Jermarcus Hardrick after a 2 ½ hour practice grinning like, well… let’s have him paint the picture:

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/05/20/tait-bombers-excited-as-training-camp-opens/

Cue the haters........

2 Likes

That’s alright. I’d rather be in our position.

2 Likes

I'm a little disappointed.......1 hour.... nobody has told us what a terrible team we are. Over the Cap while under paying everyone. QB won't get past camp. Can't kick, run or catch the ball. Half our team is too old and the other half are too young......did I miss anything

2 Likes

Well you didn’t mention how their charitable donations are flawed and how Tait is a homer writer with no talent.

Funny how those that were dismissing the Lightning’s chances of a threepeat aren’t saying much now. Like any champion in any sport, the Bombers are the best until someone proves otherwise.

2 Likes

I see you ditched the dog, is it yours?

1 Like

No. It was a picture I took of a stray in Mexico a few years back. It exemplified what I thought about the strike. Back to Buddy Guy’s blues bar in Chicago for now, another picture I took. Is it my imagination or have you changed your Bomber logo?

1 Like

Possible, it one of two deck tables I painted, Jets & Bombers, I Will change My avatar to show my other one.

They are about 22" end pieces from a wire reel.

2 Likes

Cool! Those are both awesome and way above my pay grade.

I got about eight, 4, 5 & 6 foot large reels, plan to paint them all, when I get around to it. My yard is 5.4 acres, got loads of old stuff all over the place.

1 Like

There's no haters. There's just --well --okay maybe. But they don't have brand new Grey Cup rings.

2 Likes

Of course....you know we didn't deserve them, pure luck.

2 Likes

In my mind 'deserving' and 'luck' are a little different. If someone works to deserve something often enough luck follows them. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

In another thread I predicted Winnipeg to miss the playoffs this year. That wasn't out of hate, just a stupid dream I woke up with.

If it comes down to emotion I would have EE missing the playoffs on every opportunity, and the Bombers and Lions playing every single west division final, or even a Grey Cup.

I also have a little love for Calgary as well, but not so much with Mitchell. Once they lose him, I'll have three teams that would require some thought as to who I cheer for.

Full Disclosure.

1 Like

Also... I can't stand the glove that Mitchell wears on his throwing hand. Dumb I know, enough friends have told me, but still... for full disclosure. He is good though, I'm not that dumb. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It's a long season thank goodness. Nobody knows what or how this will play out, I used to dislike some teams when I wore a younger man's clothes. Now, some are more favorite than others.

2 Likes

While I'm at it, I might as well say that in the east I do kinda like Hamilton and Ottawa. I have a little pity for Montreal. I'm not sure why but maybe because they lost their team at one time. Toronto, NO.

I was enjoying this so much until someone HAD to mention Boris Levionus Mitchell.
Back to the main topic: Luck comes to those who go out and grab it by the throat.

3 Likes

Sorry, we'll get back on topic. But your name for him is burned in my memory. I will have to repeat that to some 'other' fans I know. :sunglasses:

This part of Tait's scribe intrigued me. I'm going to assume it was Bighill talking, but not sure. Anyhow, great leaders build great followers who in turn, eventually become great leaders. It looks like the Bombers 'fire' may not burn out quickly.

Have to not fire the coaches right away when the roof starts leaking. Not to be pessimistic, but I've seen it.

All roofs will start leaking eventually.