Tackling

We need some.

that is all

(PS JoJuan Armour is available again, oddly enough calgary got run all over as well.... hmmmm)

You make a good point, Espo. For the third consecutive year, the Ticats did not do any tackling against one another during training camp. The Argos did. It showed last night.

I really miss the old Cat defences. They had a diamond hard edge to them on every play. Sure, they got lots and lots of obvious roughing penalties but we didn’t really mind losing all those yards because once the opponents got sufficiently rattled, we owned them.

That doesn’t seem to happen so much anymore. Sure, there were a few hard hits and extra hits last night but there’s entirely too much buddy-buddy camaraderie with the players on the other team, especially the Argos.

I wonder if management shows new guys old film of Mosca, Barrow, Henley etcetera? If you want to play defence for the Tiger Cats, those are the guys you have to emulate. If you want to be successful in the CFL, those are the guys you have to emulate.

Cats special team tackling was AWESOME. The run defence was the worst I have seen in a long time.

cats should bring in a rugby coach to teach them all to wrap tackle instead of just trying to drop the shoulder everytime... wrap up the legs and theres no where to go

Everyone was looking for the big hit last nite. Tackling is football basics. It's not about the hit, it's about the wrapping up of the legs and taking down.

To be honest though, I don't think your DBs and Safeties should be making many tackles on running backs.

To be honest though, I don't think your DBs and Safeties should be making many tackles on running backs.
Thank you.

THANK YOU!
Thats what LB are for? Arent they?

I felt that the linebackers were consistenly being swallowed up by offensive linemen last night. That means one of two things. So either they were not minding their gaps and consistently pinching towards the the ballcarrier so that the cutback lanes were wide open, or the defensive tackles have to do a better job of occupying the linemen to get the linebackers free.