Taaffe....will make things right

We all agree we wre more than a bit 'shocked' the other night. There will be no repeat..of last year.
Coach Taaffe..will get this team, on the right track.

:thup: :thup: :thup:

I must add...we have the best Coach in the C.F.L...IMO, and we are blessed with an owner like Bob Young...
In a few weeks, things will be different.

Hey Taaffe has someone to prove, so he wont let that last game get the better of him or the team..

Trust me on that..

You are right. Chuck has a difficult job right now considering that half the team is new. A couple more weeks and he will have them fine tuned into the Tiger machine.

I' beginning to wonder about Taafee. He should have started Chang at the beginning of the second half as the first proved a total joke under Maas. He told us if Maas struggled he would hesitate to pull him. His hook is alittle too short for me. Taafe has yet to prove one thing. His honesty.

Please don't take offense but your post confuses me.

You wanted Coach Taaffe to pull Maas after the first half of the first game of the season? I don't know about you, but I honestly would like to see the team learn the offence and then judge Maas and co.'s performance.

Now if they pull him because the problem he is having is physical and not mental, they I fully agree with that. But I don't think it is fair to scream the sky is falling after week one of a 18 game regular season with a brand new offensive system and supporting cast.

I don't know about anyone else, but a season opening loss on the road against one of the odds on favourites to win the Grey Cup doesn't make me lose too much sleep at night. Sure it was a little disheartening, but there definately were some positives to take out of that game. For example:

• Nick Setta's punting and place kicking
  • great special teams coverage
  • Zeke Moreno's nose for the ball
  • getting Corey Holmes involved in the game plan
  • Jesse and Julian being loads to tackle out of the backfield
  • the pass rush generated from the 4 man front wasn't bad, they just didn't contain Burris up the middle

After watching the game, and me being a hopeless optimist, my unoffical theme for the 2007 season is "Rome wasn't built in a day!"

• paul

From your finger tips to Earl Grey's ears.

It's refreshing to see a thread started on the basis of common sense. Coach Taaffe will indead make things right and bring winning back to the Hammer. It's been awhile and the animosity of some fans reflects that.

I too have faith that Taffe will turn this thing around. Frankly, if I were in charge I'd consider throwing the sure loss game and not subject our future QB to certain failure. I wouldn't ultimately choose to do that because of my competitive nature but it would be considered. Maybe ....... ?

[quote="paullywood]
Now if they pull him because the problem he is having is physical and not mental, they I fully agree with that.

Thats what we are saying

But I don't think it is fair to scream the sky is falling after week one of a 18 game regular season with a brand new offensive system and supporting cast.

Problem is that this is EXACTLY the same problem as the entire 06 season

I don't know about anyone else, but a season opening loss on the road against one of the odds on favourites to win the Grey Cup doesn't make me lose too much sleep at night. Sure it was a little disheartening, but there definately were some positives to take out of that game.

Agree 100%

• Nick Setta's punting and place kicking
  • great special teams coverage
  • Zeke Moreno's nose for the ball
  • getting Corey Holmes involved in the game plan
  • Jesse and Julian being loads to tackle out of the backfield

Right on

• the pass rush generated from the 4 man front wasn't bad, they just didn't contain Burris up the middle

They were terrible

After watching the game, and me being a hopeless optimist, my unoffical theme for the 2007 season is "Rome wasn't built in a day!"

I wish I could be as optimistic as you but I do feel we'll get better because I am optimistic that Maas won't be around much longer unless he proves his critics wrong

....scuse me for a sec while I run out to the van to get my shades.... 8)

Coloured fonts are easier than multi quotes would you prefer blue

Myself I prefer brown so the text of multiple quotes will stand out
from the compelling comments I make after each of the quotes

and blue to highlight or point out a particular piece of text, turbo.

One of the great joys of being caretaker is that I get to hear from the coaches what went right and what went wrong in any given game, and I had that chance today with Charlie.

Charlie’s theory (none of this will surprise you) is Calgary played as a team, and worked an effective system, where our guys made too many mental mistakes allowing our plays to break down too often when the receiver was not where the qb expected him to be, or the running back did not have the hole he was supposed to be able to run through.

To be clear: Charlie believes that a good system played properly will make a mediocre gb look great, whereas a great quarterback on a disorganized team will look ordinary at best.

Now we just have to convince our talented young new Tiger-Cats to believe in, and play "Charlie’s Way"™ and all will be well.

;-)

Uhmmm I do find it funny that you can find positives out of a lot of things but the QB ISN'T one of them.
If Chang can come in and move the sticks and direct the offense with authority WHY can't Maas (the vet). Maas' ability to spot trouble is suspect, the proof in the pudding was the overthrown endzone pass while Holmes was WIDE open in the flat and could have CRAWLED in for the TD.

Sure Chang got picked off near the endzone but this is a mistake he WILL learn from, Maas has now been making the SAME mistakes for 19 games.

I'm tired of Maas being paid 750K for FOUR wins, cut Mass I'll give you 4 wins for 200K.

His body may only be ONE of his problems, I seriously think Maas' thinking ability is impaired.

I really hope Taaffe shortens Mass' leash and isn't afraid to pull him EARLY if things are being done offensively!!

Caretaker:

Sir:
I'm with you and Charlie all the way. But I hope the QB situation was also brought up. Doesn't look good for the future and for many of us is the BIGGEST problem facing this team.

NO! Nothing in blue on this site... pleeeeease.

Just for you: Double blue

ArgoNaughts
ROTFL