Taaffe Gone?

Which one?

Best of luck to Charlie and his family and congratulations on the new position. Youve been a class act from day one here and I can speak for all ticat fans saying we wish you well and you are always in our hearts and part of the tigercat family forever. Good luck Charlie, god bless.....from all of us here.
(just kidding, I hope its a mistake but on the other hand I wanted a new coach too, we need confirmation!!!)

The one that doesnt scream and say things like "ya know, I think we played a pretty good game!" after losing 21-10.

This really sucks.

Ticats havent said anything and neither has Taaffe. Not saying it isn’t true but I would wait for an offical word first.

Click on the “NEWS” tab on this link.

Dave Richie is a possibility if the news is true.

CHML isn't exactly confirming it, just reporting it as "apparently left". Head coach at WV is Bill Stewart (late of Wpg and Mtl) knows Taafe, and the way it was reported in the paper quoted, figure it is true.

CHML sports just said they looked into this after reading this thread, so really don't know more than what was reported here. Talking about it now.

Scott Mitchell is still denying it as of 10:30 AM. If true, can you spell "square one" as in back to.....

If Taafe has a contract with Hamilton, I'd sue his ass!! If he doesn't, I'd fire Mitchell. Either way, it's both a joke and a disaster.

An Argo-Cat fan

Still nothing on the university website, but they usually don’t report anything until hiring is cleared by the school…

But this would PI$$ ME OFF if true as the university is screaming and yelling about someone coming in and taking their coach…

The one that KNOWS CFL football?

Sorry i had to.

Ouch...that's cold

A real kick in the nuts, if true, especially after finally getting news on the assistants this week.

So now we either get a new HC having to work with a staff handpicked by someone else (no accountability), or the team having to find a new HC and then that guy having to go through his own interview process (the ready made excuse that he was hired too late to get the guys he wanted).

Has someone been sleeping at Cat HQ?

They are crying because their former HC apparently has a buy out clause meaning if you leave he would owe the school money. And he doesnt want to pay it.

If it's true it might be a blessing in disguise.
Might be able to hire someone really hungry and eager to prove they're HC material.
Someone like Greg Marshall.*

*(The professional one)

Obie is on CHML saying that he knows nothing about this and is under contract to us.

The way this organization is run though, I wouldnt be surprised if we got a certain AAFL coach who ruins quarterbacks' careers.

http://www.allamericanfootballleague.com/Texas/images/jenkins.jpg

8) If this is true, then we continue to be the laughing stock of the league !!! Just what the heck is going on here anyway ????

CHML saying perhaps Taaffe didn't like O'B's lack of endorsement when coming on board.

Zamperin just reported the Director of Football Operations at UWV confirmed Taaffe interviewed for the position yesterday.