Taafe talked to Sankey's agent

This interesting little tidbit was in a Vancouver Sun interview today with their new back-up QB Ben Sankey:

"After my indoor season was over my agent did talk to some other CFL teams. Toronto has quarterbacking injuries, too, and my agent also talked to Mr. Taaffe [head coach Charlie Taaffe] in Hamilton. But I want to get back to the outdoor game and I felt the opportunity was the best here in B.C."

So that would have been fairly recently as the indoor season just ended. Maas apparently is not the man if Taafe's looking for CFL-experienced QBs. Too bad they let Butler go even though he had a bad training camp.

Significant is that he said his agent talked to Taaffe........not the other way around.

I read from that that his agent was the one calling around to see if anyone was interested, not that Taaffe was actively seeking another QB (which would be Marcel's job anyway, not Taaffe's).

Oops, you're probably right Madjack. Still too early out here and I shouldn't post until I've had that second cup of coffee.
Either that or wishful thinking on my part!

people seem to forget that Rocky Butler ASKED FOR and was granted his release....it's not like we didn't offer to keep him around

Sankey played for Wally Buono in Calgary - to me that is the biggest reason that he is back in the league.

That’s CORRECT! I think he jumped the gun because he may even have been inserted faster than Chang! Being as up untill yesterday Taaffe said “Maas gave us the best chance to win” :roll: :lol:

However…he has at least had a chance to start in Toronto. Although he didn’t look Great…he looked as if he belonged!

Yes but asked for a trade as he did not want to be #3…well we have not used #2 yet either so…

Toronto has quarterbacking injuries, too, and my agent also talked to Mr. Taaffe [head coach Charlie Taaffe] in Hamilton. [u]But I want to get back to the outdoor game and I felt the opportunity was the best here in B.C."[/u]
Love Ben Sankey and I really wish he was still here........but this quote sounded funny....

why?..BC’s home is “indoors” Ben… :lol:

Actually…he was put on the PR …#4. Personally I think they were just “showcasing Maas” and politics got us to where we are right now!