Swaggerville - Misunderstood?

Hmm, well seeing as its coming from an esks fan, it doesnt really mean much. Way to stay classy with the buck injury thing. :thup:

I know, the noise coming out of Winnipeg “Nobody respects us” “Everyone is jealous of us” whahn whahn whahn…

Maybe instead of Winterpeg, it should be Whinerpeg…

I guess you scrolled past this a bit quick.

Got an answer, Nick?

Really?

The Bombers are saying swag.

Not “oh hi, we’re the best team in the league with the best DE in the league, the best defense in the league, the best receiver in the league, oh and our canadian receiver that thinks he’s great and talks all the time but keeps getting shut down against good teams is a superstar. oh and did i mention we guarantee a win?”

Just swag. That is all.

If teams don’t like it, that’s their prerogative. If they want to say swag back, sure. Who have the Bombers called a joke (Stala)? Who has claimed to be the best in the league (Baggs, Stamps)? When have they guaranteed any wins (Jackson)? When did any of them talk all week, get shut down and run to the locker room instead of shaking hands (also Stala)?

There’s a world of difference between the word swag and what other teams are saying back.

No one should ever pick their own nickname. Period.

The Bombers are over-rated, over-hyped and have improved this year, but will only have improved from 4-14 to 9-9. Ti-Cats v. Stamps in the Grey Cup 2011. You heard it here first.

Billy

Stay classy Bomber fans, the only teams who didn't call out swag are the ones that have beaten the Bombers, Stamps and Riders. Let the rest keep calling them out and losing, it looks good on them and we don't need to tell them so, they can stew in their self pity.

Well I got a lot of comments on Rays health as well especially about his arm, and his name I guess by substituting a “G” from a “R” is a lot of fun for SOME bomber fans.

Baggs was talking to Odell because they are former TEAMMATES and GOOD FRIENDS. Stala didn’t say anything offensive. I have not heard any player tell any Bomber to shut up. I don’t see a world of difference at all. One team talks. Another talks back. What’s the big whoop?

All i see when i log in here are Eskimos fans and Hamilstink fans throwing cheap shots at the bombers you are obviously jealous.

Hamilstink just want a little attention just like your crybaby “nobody respects us” players, and If your so good like your team thinks they are, then why have we beaten you twice. 2-0 against your sad .500 team…Please beat us, then come talking. :wink:

Is that the best you can do???

Mosquitoes suck the brain power out of you?.. Hamilstink??..lmfao

Wow… :roll:

Twice, you’ve replied to this thread and logged out without answering me. You speak volumes.

Really?

Not “oh hi, we’re the best team in the league with the best DE in the league, the best defense in the league, the best receiver in the league, oh and our canadian receiver that thinks he’s great and talks all the time but keeps getting shut down against good teams is a superstar. oh and did i mention we guarantee a win?”

Just swag. That is all.

If teams don’t like it, that’s their prerogative. If they want to say swag back, sure. Who have the Bombers called a joke (Stala)? Who has claimed to be the best in the league (Baggs, Stamps)? When have they guaranteed any wins (Jackson)? When did any of them talk all week, get shut down and run to the locker room instead of shaking hands (also Stala)?

There’s a world of difference between the word swag and what other teams are saying back.

Baggs was talking to Odell because they are former TEAMMATES and GOOD FRIENDS. Stala didn't say anything offensive. I have not heard any player tell any Bomber to shut up. I don't see a world of difference at all. One team talks. Another talks back. What's the big whoop?
[url]http://www.thespec.com/sports/ticats/article/584486--wife-of-blue-bombers-coach-talks-trash-over-stala-s-dissing-of-swaggerville[/url]

“Ti-Cats Stala no fan of Swaggerville. ‘We’ll see what they call themselves after the game.’

responded We’ll see hacky sack boy! #GoBombers,? wrote Mrs. LaPolice, a.k.a. @tinalapo…Did any bomber player come back? no but the coach did say this

“I feel like it’s more a media thing,? LaPolice said of issues stemming from Swaggerville. “I can tell you our team respects everybody they face. They have fun when they are on the field but they don’t celebrate in front of anybody, they don’t get late penalties, they don’t talk during the week.?

Mor chirping…Still havent heard anything from a bomber player…

“I think it’s very cute. I think it’s funny that the players came up with it and now the whole city is all over it,? said defensive lineman Stevie Baggs, whose CFL career started in Winnipeg. “C’mon, that’s Winnipeg, Manitoba. It’s like … I better shut up shut up now before I get myself in trouble.?

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/swaggerville-steeltown-trade-shots-128371298.html

“This Swagger thing is kind of funny to me. What – they need to give themselves a name or something? I guess we’re Steeltown – we know who we are. It’s a cartoon or something over there. But I don’t really concentrate on that stuff. They can call themselves whatever they want. We’ll see what they call themselves after the game.” said Stala.

response…

So what’s the response in Swaggerville? Not much of one at all. “We’re doing well and this whole Swaggerville thing has kind of taken (the league by) storm,” Bombers safety Ian Logan said Wednesday. “They’re probably a little frustrated that they’re not getting the respect they deserve. I’m not going to comment on what (Stala) said. It’s just one of those things and we will just see how the game goes.”

Really?

Just swag. That is all.

Baggs was talking to Odell because they are former TEAMMATES and GOOD FRIENDS. Stala didn't say anything offensive. I have not heard any player tell any Bomber to shut up. I don't see a world of difference at all. One team talks. Another talks back. What's the big whoop?
[url]http://www.thespec.com/sports/ticats/article/584486--wife-of-blue-bombers-coach-talks-trash-over-stala-s-dissing-of-swaggerville[/url]

“Ti-Cats Stala no fan of Swaggerville. ‘We’ll see what they call themselves after the game.’

responded We’ll see hacky sack boy! #GoBombers,? wrote Mrs. LaPolice, a.k.a. @tinalapo…Did any bomber player come back? no but the coach did say this

“I feel like it’s more a media thing,? LaPolice said of issues stemming from Swaggerville. “I can tell you our team respects everybody they face. They have fun when they are on the field but they don’t celebrate in front of anybody, they don’t get late penalties, they don’t talk during the week.?

Mor chirping…Still havent heard anything from a bomber player…

“I think it’s very cute. I think it’s funny that the players came up with it and now the whole city is all over it,? said defensive lineman Stevie Baggs, whose CFL career started in Winnipeg. “C’mon, that’s Winnipeg, Manitoba. It’s like … I better shut up shut up now before I get myself in trouble.?

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/swaggerville-steeltown-trade-shots-128371298.html

“This Swagger thing is kind of funny to me. What – they need to give themselves a name or something? I guess we’re Steeltown – we know who we are. It’s a cartoon or something over there. But I don’t really concentrate on that stuff. They can call themselves whatever they want. We’ll see what they call themselves after the game.” said Stala.

response…

So what’s the response in Swaggerville? Not much of one at all. “We’re doing well and this whole Swaggerville thing has kind of taken (the league by) storm,” Bombers safety Ian Logan said Wednesday. “They’re probably a little frustrated that they’re not getting the respect they deserve. I’m not going to comment on what (Stala) said. It’s just one of those things and we will just see how the game goes.”

did you not watch the video?? man you are sensitive…

for someone calling out Nick for not answering you, you sure don’t do a good job answering questions yourself. Here, try again.

Who have the Bombers called a joke (Stala)? Who has claimed to be the best in the league (Baggs, Stamps)? When have they guaranteed any wins (Jackson)? When did any of them talk all week, get shut down and run to the locker room instead of shaking hands (also Stala)?
I don't see anything wrong with what Baggs said myself, but I'm sure you know that if Odell said it every anti-swaggerville person on this board wouldn't shut up about it for the rest of the season. And it's still more than anything the Bombers have ever said.

I didn’t realize oilerrocker was the ambassador for the Eskimos fanbase. More of that “we don’t get any respect” crap I suppose. :wink:

You can take the burr out from under your saddle any time. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes i did watch the video. That video says nothing about what I asked you. Talk about sensitive. I think my point is proven.

If they want to call themselves “Swaggerville” and put it on T-shirts and on signs and have their players say it to the camera, let them. It’s all part of the game. And if others want to make reference to it and make fun of it and say it’s silly, that’s within their right, too. If you choose the action, you choose the consequences.

If they want to talk down to the fans of the teams they beat, I suppose that’s their right (as long as they don’t get too offensive.) I only wish I had felt that way last year when the Cats were beating up on the Bombers. I’ll have to remember to be more merciless when this strange planetary alignment ends and Hamilton resumes kicking Bomber butt.

But I suppose Bomber fans have a right to “swagger”: they haven’t lost a playoff game in two years.

Good post BigDave except for one correction, Bombers lead the all time series 56 - 45 :wink: