Suspensions

With reference to the CFL reviewing Hughes hit on Printers, one of the postes wrote,

too bad his suspension will only help calgary's next opponent - winnipeg - and not the tabbies.[quote]

When a player is suspended and he has another game against the team the infraction occurred, should that team have the option of having the suspension served for that game?

I think that’s a great idea. He should sit out against the team to whom he committed the offence.

Interesting idea; hope the powers that be give it consideration (problem would be if it occurred late in the season and the two teams have finished their season's series).

What if there are no more games against the penalized player’s team in that particular season and what if the two teams meet in the playoffs?

Exactly! Right now, Edmonton and Toronto are finished playing each other. So is BC & Winnipeg.

It wouldn't work in our league.

The player should miss the next regular season game against the team that the player committed the infraction. If there is no more regular season games against that team, the next scheduled game(s) the player will serve the suspension no matter the opposition.

Trouble is with suspensions, the CFLPA will get involved. It could take a year to get resolved! :roll: :roll: :roll:

What happens if it's a borderline player and he simply gets bumped off the roster without serving a suspension at all? There's no easy way to do it so I would say leave it as is.

What suspension?? Every one of them get overturned anyway no one EVER serves their suspension!!

Too bad they didn't have this kind of setup when I was in school!

"WHAT? I didn't punch him in the face, he headbutted my fist."

Of greater concern was HOW THE HECK DID THE REFS NOT SEE THIS AN ATTEMPT TO INJURE OUR STAR
PLAYER !!!!????????

It`s not the first time it`s been missed in Hamilton as Danny Mac was hit square on the chin with a helmet and I dont think a penatly was even called on the play . 

If you dont think it` s big deal to hit QBs in the head , try being in a prone position unable to protect yourself and let someone take a good run at you and hit you in the head while your arm is moving forward !!! Another example of our quality CFL refs !!!