Surprising Training Camp Cuts

some teams haven't posted their final cuts yet. Just wondering who have been surprising final cuts?

Probably Brandon Whitaker http://montrealgazette.com/sports/footb ... e-released

That was a bit surprising no doubt. How much of it do you think had to do with the salary cap? Montreal signed some big name free agents in the off season who I'm sure weren't cheap. They could also be worried that he wasn't going to be 100%.

If he wasn't "100%" then they wouldn't be allowed to cut him. You can't cut injured veteran players.

Not that he's injured now, but that he could be injured. History there.

Ya. He's also going on 30 as well. Certainly could have a few more years left in the tank, but leg injuries on a running back getting to that age you would think would have an impact on his ability. He was an exciting player to watch when he was healthy.

Ya. He's also going on 30 as well. Certainly could have a few more years left in the tank, but leg injuries on a running back getting to that age you would think would have an impact on his ability. He was an exciting player to watch when he was healthy.

Probably not a surprise cut but, boy if I was looking for a Canadian receiver I'd be all over Whit Tomusiak cut from BC. He's been at a couple of TC for the Lions and just catches everything. A junior player as opposed to CIS. I believe he spent time on the Lions PR last year.

Whitaker's cut wasn't a surprise to Als fans. He's been plagued by injuries the past few years and we have two healthier backs who can, at this point, outperform him on the field (Sutton and Rutley).

I was impressed with Rutley in the short time he was in Hamilton a few years back.

Hey, didn't realize he had tried out for Hamilton! Interesting.

There are two 100%s:

• 100% healthy
  • 100% recovered (i.e., back to what made him an outstanding player)

I expect he is the first but he is not from what we have seen the second.

Yes sir !!! Rutley was with the Cats in the 2012 season, he played sparingly though because he was behind Avon Cobourne and Chevron Walker. He did some kick returning though when he was here and put up some decent numbers in a limited role,he had 19 k/o returns for 422 yds-22.2 yd avg and his longest return was for 53 yards.He also only caught 2 passes that season but one of them was for a TD. Rutley unfortunately though was one of the many players cut in 2013 when the Austin era began in the Hammer.

Already three years ago now, wow. Well, Rutley is now on our PR, so if anything happens to Sutton or Logan, he's the next man up.

Lol he/she is just being argumentative so they can start hurling insults.

The Argos have just brought in the following 4 to camp and signed them to the practice roster.

RB Chad Kackert
RB Brandon Whitaker
WR Dave Stala
OL Scott Mitchell

No idea why Kackert was not brought in earlier to the main camp as if healthy he is very much an impact player?

Good to see Scott Mitchell back. I was hoping he'd get a shot with his hometown team.

They've also added Jason

Redblacks have...

SIGNED national wide receiver Alex Pierzchalski (6'5", 220 lbs., Toronto)
He seemed surprised to have been let go by Saskatchewan, and some fans raised eyebrows about it too. Can someone closer to the situation comment?

Reciever was tough to crack this season in Saskatchewan. He's got a big upside. An Andy Fantuz type. Wish him well.