Surprise released players

Young surprised cut. Time to move forward :cowboy: :cowboy:

More to come!!!!

I think that is the easiest prediction ever. :smiley:

Hindsight is 20/20, but what a waste of time, press conference and follow up media attention. :thdn:

Not to mention here with mutiple closed down VY threads. :lol:

The issue is thinking the guy can make a comeback in 3 weeks to a variant of the game that is foreign to him after a five year layoff. I think that's the mistake. If he was to spend a season with the team, it might be different Next year. but then he'd be 35...

No surprise here. Most Roughrider fans predicted that he would be released and we were proven correct. :rockin:

Yup , if anything just the mention of VY sent out shock waves throughout these forums . If anything , the last thing we can say about the subject is that VY must have set a new world record with 5 , count them 5 thread locks with just the mere mention of his name . I'm just wondering how many saps out there actually spent their hard earned cash purchasing a #8 Vince Young Rider jersey ? :lol:

Good for washing yer car or drying the dishes !!! :slight_smile: :cowboy: :lol:

Yep, and 86.73% of the posts on Young were from non Rider fans, with an astounding 64% of the total being between "bobo" and "johnny all italics no class"and his secret admirer "prefer it from behind". Not one post had a Rider fan assuming anything but this end for Young while the others had Young as the starting Q.B. and the Riders future for decades to come.

LMFAO !!! For the record I defy you to show me one post by me where I stated that signing Vince was a great idea or that he would be the Riders saviour and QB for decades to come ? As for not one post by a Rider fan stating anything but failure in this experiment , you can't be serious :lol: yer buddy Migs was the biggest pom-pom waver and tire pumper out there , in fact if I'm not mistaken he's the one that started several of VY threads in the first place .

Everyone who watches a Rider game this year will be a Young viewer once Vince starts lighting it up :smiley: ....any idea who posted this Taleback ? :lol:

Or This ?

My fear is that Jones is going to give him a bit of preferred treatment . If Young is close, but not quite at par as to what Glenn brings to the table , Young gets the job. Jones has a lot riding on this decision and he will go above and beyond whats good for the organization at the Q.B. spot to give Young more opportunities than would be given to another prospect IMO .

BUT TO YOUR CREDIT , YOU DID POST THIS :smiley:

NEVER have I backed the Young signing . Again get some facts before you spout off your garbage . Don't you ever get tired of being proven wrong ?

Nice play on words there by the way in reference to Brihind :roll: stay classy my friend and Good luck to you and yer Riders this year , except when ya play my Cats of course :smiley: . For what it's worth I feel and think that you are a good poster Taleback and I feel you are above name calling of other posters .

All I can say was it was fun while it lasted BUT it's now time to finally put this Vince Young thing out to pasture and to finally get on to the season . :smiley: :rockin: Good Luck to all fans of all 9 teams :thup: Now let's get this ball rolling on this 2017 CFL season !!! :smiley:

Drew Willy dumped from Argos is a surprise or not really!!!!!!!

The Willy trade by the old regime and now his being dumped by the new regime in Toronto may just be testament to what will probably go down as one of the worst trades in CFL history . Another surprising cut by the Argos to me is the Aaron Berry release. Berry was one of the better D players on Toronto from last year and will probably be scooped up rather quickly by another team , possibly Saskatchewan who is rather thin in the secondary to start the season , or perhaps Ottawa in the East who lost most of their starting secondary from last years team .

Well, that's classy. Dude seems like a good man to me. Articulate and will apologize. Sorry if he doesn't cheer for your team.

OSKEE, huge thanks for the kind words.

There was a time when I used to fight with Johnny. Now I get along great with him.
How is it , when you get along with someone, it is taken as " sucking up " ?

However, TB and "some " other Rider fans are going to have to do better than "that" , to get me riled up. :lol:
Sorry guys, I have broad shoulders and thick skin. :smiley:

Strange thing is, I have never blinked at direct attacks on me.
I just get defensive when others trash my stadium.

Not to me. Argos again have a great stable of quarterbacks. Ray obviously when healthy is the best QB in the league still to this day but at this point can you get more than four games out of him?. Then you have Fajardo who I think is starter material. Then you have Jeff Matthews after years with Austin brings a real cerebral mind that will be able to pick up Trestman's philosophy even with backup reps. Then they have two promising kids with big arms.... I mean where did Willy fit into this? Nowhere.

Argo QB's averaged around 80 percent completion through pre-season. Be very aware that this is not last year's Argos. Trestman has more to work with as a whole than when he arrived in Montreal.

Doesn't this video look even more awesome today!!!! :smiley:

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D4vcCpdxeQ&feature=youtu.be]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D4vcCp ... e=youtu.be[/url]

[i]"Legends never die"

No, but they get their arses cut and sent home! :rockin: [/i]

Will Willy wash up anywhere?

Glenn isn't the youngest of starters in the league, so maybe in Regina?

Or will it be a matter of teams waiting to see how healthy their starters stay?

.....It was all so predictable that Vince Young would have a very tough time making the grade here with a lot stacked against him...It was very plain to a lot of folks around here, rider fans and many others alike...It was oh so plain to a lot of people except one Corkie Jones, who likes to throw Rider money around like a drunken sailor...Here's another one that isn't hard to see...IF Jones doesn't deliver a better record than last year, or just equals it, the torches are going to be lit and the pitchforks will be coming out of the barn, and Corky will be joining Vince Young and could be done in Riderville :wink:

Big Poppy - which of the following is the worst off-season move in your opinion?

A. Eddy Haskell doopleganger Drew Willy traded to Argos
B. Corky signing NFL washout Vinny Young
C. Bombers using their 1st round picks on Faith Fatkitty & Green Bay ghost

Personally I don't think B is the worst of the group. Young cost the riders a bit of up-front money but drew attention to the league. A worthless move by a fairly worthless GM/Coach/head poobah but not a team killer.

Drew Willy cost the Argos a 1st rd pick (they didn't know at the time it would be #1 overall) and a decent hobo DB (Heath) . . . . but Willy had fooled at lest two teams with his fraudulent tool-kit (Wpg & Regina) so why not a 3rd (TO)

Bombers drafting a black version of John Candy with first overall - and then topping themselves by pulling the trigger on Geoff Gray w/ #6/#8 is an assault to the senses of ll remaining good football fans in Manitoba.

No wonder the bomber ad agency is contemplating changing the punch-line to:

IGF STADIUM: Where Every Row is Death Row

Glaring positional deficiencies in bomberland; mediocre coaching in Junkyard Fog, Mike O'Shea.

In fact, I think the bombers are 1st team in CFL history to feature 3 itinerant Canadian hobos at CEO/GM/Head coach.

Miller the 5'7", 240 lb. head troll who doesn't take guff from nobody - that's his claim to fame
Walters - the green as grass GM who interned under the immortal Drowsy Joe Mack, and hs the drafting record to underly it.
O'Shea - the fabled Junkyard Fog, who has some weird theories on pro football combined with a lifetime .395 winning percentage as a head coach.

Place a semi-mute itinerant hobo like Richie Hall as your DC - and you just have to foresee problems!

Big Poppy - which of the following is the worst off-season move in your opinion?

A. Eddy Haskell doopleganger Drew Willy traded to Argos
B. Corky signing NFL washout Vinny Young
C. Bombers using their 1st round picks on Faith Fatkitty & Green Bay ghost

Personally I don’t think B is the worst of the group. Young cost the riders a bit of up-front money but drew attention to the league. A worthless move by a fairly worthless GM/Coach/head poobah but not a team killer.

Drew Willy cost the Argos a 1st rd pick (they didn’t know at the time it would be #1 overall) and a decent hobo DB (Heath) . . . . but Willy had fooled at lest two teams with his fraudulent tool-kit (Wpg & Regina) so why not a 3rd (TO)

Bombers drafting a black version of John Candy with first overall - and then topping themselves by pulling the trigger on Geoff Gray w/ #6/#8 is an assault to the senses of ll remaining good football fans in Manitoba.

No wonder the bomber ad agency is contemplating changing the punch-line to:

IGF STADIUM: Where Every Row is Death Row

Glaring positional deficiencies in bomberland; mediocre coaching in Junkyard Fog, Mike O’Shea.

In fact, I think the bombers are 1st team in CFL history to feature 3 itinerant Canadian hobos at CEO/GM/Head coach.

Miller the 5’7", 240 lb. head troll who doesn’t take guff from nobody - that’s his claim to fame
Walters - the green as grass GM who interned under the immortal Drowsy Joe Mack, and hs the drafting record to underly it.
O’Shea - the fabled Junkyard Fog, who has some weird theories on pro football combined with a lifetime .395 winning percentage as a head coach.

Place a semi-mute itinerant hobo like Richie Hall as your DC - and you just have to foresee problems!

So Lyle What are you saying. Get to the point. BUT be clear!!!!! :cowboy:

This is the last time I will mention VY.

I just never understood the hoopla of a media press conference and photos of him arriving in Regina.

For what was the point ?

For Chris Jones to put the spot light on himself , like he did at the Tennessee Corn and Thistle fair ? :? :?

Your obsessiveness over this is ridiculous. They paid him nothing and took a shot. At the same time they generated some publicity. Jones was very consistent with his message that he had to perform to make the team, and Young came to camp with a good attitude. There's obviously no problem with any of that.