Support the CFL: Vote in the Globe's poll about Bill 238-S

Vote early and vote often! Show your support for the CFL by voting YES about Bill 238-S to keep the NFL out of Canada! :thup:

http://www.globesports.com/

59-41 vote no

Just like polls run here, not much accuracy when you can vote often. I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

The no votes must be the staff and sports department of the anti CFL, being the Globe.

All I see is a poll about the Jays. Did they take it down already?

Looks like it's closed already.

Same here didnt see it. Suprise another Rogers owned media outlet. I read in the Van Province on Friday about the new CBC sports channel and the guy they interviewed gave a shot at the nfl and they didnt want their station to be anything like it. Wether or not the CBC did a good job or not I hope they get it back I hate seeing rogers making money off the CFL

Talk about a loaded poll! Rogers-owned CTV also had a poll last week asking what sport you'll be watching on TV this weekend, UEFA Soccer, CFL Preseason, or U.S. Open. The CFL came in second. You would think that Rogers would of known that the CFL preseason isn't even televised, as the conglomerate he controls owns TSN (which has the exclusive TV rights), as well as CTV and the Globe & Mail.

I'd rather see a bill that matched dollar for dollar what ever Ted Rodgers was willing to spend on the NFL...... heck....we'd all ready be at 78 mil....

The CFL or CIS would love just a fraction of the millions Rogers is spending to promote the NFL and NCAA (International Bowl) in Canada. What a great Canadian this moneybags Rogers is! His love of anything American is only superceded by the number of zeros in his bank account.

I heard about this today and found this on the 13th man they had some really good posts on the nfl crap. For you "philosophically opposed to protectionism in any form" types, here's an interesting item plucked from today's news:

Lawmakers Vow To fight Brewery Deal (Reuters)

Some U.S. lawmakers ramped up their effort to thwart Belgian brewery InBev's $46.3 billion offer for Anheuser-Busch, saying yesterday that it would lead to U.S. job losses and destroy an American icon.

Senator Christopher Bond issued a statement saying "My Missouri constituents say 'This Bud's not for you'."

Huh. What do you know about that? Protectionism at the floor of the U.S. Senate. In the big, bad free-tradin' U.S. of A.

Funny what's good for the goose.....

Just ask our BC lumber producers about the “free-trading” Americans or Obama’s pledge to renegotiate NAFTA to favour the U.S. But it’s open season on the CFL, if they can’t compete with the NFL, the No. 1 sport in a nation of 300 million, it dosen’t deserve to exist?

Xvys: Rogers doesn't own CTV/TSN. he owns Sportsnet.