Super Bowl LVIII - Feb.11 Game Day Thread

Make that the newest GOAT

1 Like

49ers got out coached…Reid is legendary good…

3 Likes

Andy Reid knew the right call and knew how to use his players and let’s face it, he has excellent players in Mahomes and company, totally deserved it. SF got out-coached, no question.

2 Likes

Funny how we always talk about players over celebrating TD’s all the time.

If there was ever a time to act like a buffoon or do backflips, this was it. Hardman almost looked nonchalant after his winning catch.

4 Likes

the game was decided by Darrel Luter’s ankle and Moody’s missed PAT.

3 Likes

That Sens rookie agains’t the Leafs last night could learn a lesson or two from this. If he has the smarts to know this.

1 Like

Hardman who was with the Jets earlier in the season.

3 Likes

…like winning the lottery right?

3 Likes

Congratulations chiefs!

1 Like

Final thoughts:

Nice trophy, but there’s something to be said for winning the Grey Cup, Stanley Cup or British Open and being able to drink out of the trophy.

Chiefs owner gassed his acceptance speech by remembering to thank god and praise his team, but not congratulating the 49’ers.

Surprised Goodell didn’t get booed nearly as much as Bettman does.

Finally got to see some real Super Bowl commercials during the post game on CBS as the Canadian feed was over.

Goodnight all.

5 Likes

Congratulations to whoever won the Kreskin Cup and see all on June 6th (CFL season opener).

Good night

1 Like

I know this is a bit late, but maybe more scotch to help with your memory next time?

1 Like

49’s won the toss and took the ball
That was a huge mistake
they should have kicked off, knowing each team gets the ball even if scored upon
If they deferred and kicked off to KC, they would have known what they needed, a field goal or TD to win or tie
It was a blunder of epic proportions
again
A very sloppy mistake filled game

1 Like

Go figure, he stated when in celebration on stage that he had blacked out for a little bit after the catch.

1 Like

The flip side on that one is that the 49ers didn’t want Mahomes and his momentum and magic to have the ball first, and they had confidence in their defense.

If the defense had even held the Chiefs to a field goal to tie the score, THEN it would be a sudden death game and the 49ers would have had the ball again.

Obviously it did not work out, but I don’t blame them for taking the ball first and letting their defense rest first.

1 Like

But imagine - playing for the Jets with no hope, to playing for the Chiefs and catching the winning TD in overtime to win the Superbowl…that’s enough to blow anybody’s mind…

4 Likes

Arrrggh ahoy ye matey thar be no juice box for you yonder! Arrrggh!?
:thinking:

Just got off work. Sounds like I missed a good game. I’ll get it on pvr when I get home in a couple of days.

At least the right team won.

4 Likes

BAHH, both wrong teams to me. grumble grumble grumble

1 Like

San Francisco got away from their running game too early and too often. Should have been able to kick their field goal with no time remaining. KC had better coaching.

3 Likes