Sunday Night Games

Please let it be the end of them. Let this be the first and only season for Sunday Night games in Hamilton. You have people leaving en masse at half time if the game is a blow out or non-entertaining since people have to work the next day and can’t linger around. Nobody wants Sunday Night football and I feel it was a bad move on the part of the CFL, which many fans stated their dislike for this awkward start time.

2 Likes

This is the second season for Sunday Night games and and I recall correctly, they were the highest rated games of the year on average.

Concur if you’re at the game and the homeside is getting blown out it’s not fun.

As a TV property it’s great

5 Likes

If the CFL wants to continue thurs/fri/sat/sun games, they need sunday night games, in order to avoid conflicting times with the NFL.

2 Likes

I thought I had seen some positive tv numbers for Sundays. But I can’t recall where.

1 Like

Absolutely. Love Sunday night games. It gives us 4 games in 4 nights and also easily the best TV ratings as has been mentioned above and which were posted in several other threads this past week. The last thing the CFL needs is less fans watching.

Nothing but a big thumbs up! :+1:

5 Likes

I think the tv numbers are good for Sunday evening games, but I think the attendance numbers are not. Sunday is a wind down day and most people spend Sunday evening relaxing before the week starts. So you don’t get good attendance numbers.

3 Likes

Yes, yes you did.

3 Likes

The Cats have played Sunday night games the past 4 weeks. No more please.

2 Likes

Yes definitely they should be spread out as evenly as possible and whoever gets the most one year should get the least another year. Meow mix it up.

3 Likes

The only tweaks I would make to the schedule is having all games from the start of the season until after Labour day start at 8 ET. The teams in the east should be playing at home during that time on Friday and Saturday nights, Winnipeg and random teams on Thursday. Saskatchewan on Saturdays and maybe BC, and the Alberta teams on Sundays.

Post Labour days get into double header Fridays and Saturdays. I’d start a little earlier in the east. Five and nine eastern on Friday. Three and seven eastern on Saturdays.

The strategy behind keeping the start times consistent is that people will get used to having football on at a certain time each week without looking at the schedule. Fans are creatures of habit like everyone else and I’d think that would = better attendance and ratings.

4 Likes

Hate to break it to anyone but people would have left that game last night in droves no matter what day it was on. People are fed up with the team, not the night of the week.

8 Likes

Stupid day for a game…double headers on Fridays & Saturdays is the way to go…the super old people that make the schedule must not party or don’t work on Mondays.

1 Like

The schedule is made for television. Nothing more. Be happy this isn’t the NFL where they give you a playoff game in Green Bay at 8:15pm when it’s -40 instead of the 1pm game in the Sun.

3 Likes