Sun Poll - CFL vs MLS

I hope everyone will participate and give a vote on-line for the CFL plse pass it on.
The city politicians in Ottawa are looking closely at this poll. Right now over 60% have voted for Soccer, and I can't believe that only around 30% for CFL. I smell a fix here, lets bump up the CFL vote:

http://www.ottawasun.com/News/home.html

Had to really look for it...lol ... It's in the upper right of the page! :wink:

Anyway...got it done! :thup:

IF the CFL in Ottawa is in any way dependant on this poll, then they are already in HUGE trouble.

yeah...these are one of those 'ultra poor indicators/ representative of nothing' polls. I put my vote in, too.

The poll is skewed anyway. The MLS has never failed in Ottawa-- the CFL has twice. So, regardless of the reasoning behind it, logic would indicate that the MLS has the upper hand. Even hardcore CFL fans in Ottawa (if there are any left) might vote MLS based on what they've seen.

Keep this going!! and everyone vote for CFL football

These people that are voting for Soccer will never attend an MLS game. I can't imagine 20,000 fans a game for MLS in Ottawa.

I just voted “CFL” on the Sun’s poll.
But as I mentioned on another thread…unless there’s some action on a new football stadium for Ottawa soon, MLS might win by default. That would likely mean the end of the CFL in Ottawa.

If the politicians on Ottawa are using an online poll as their barometer, then they are even dumber than those in Hamilton.

If the politicians on Ottawa are using an online poll as their barometer, then they are even dumber than those in Hamilton.

BELIEVE ME. I'm here and THEY ARE!

Never thought of it like that but I think you might be right. Another failed cfl team there might just be too much for some to stomach. MLS is new and so many kids play that the soccer moms see it as making sense. Wait till they sit through a game their kid aint in zzzzz. Thats why I put little beet in hockey but seeing I am only 4'3" tall he will have to rely more on finesse than size to make the pros.

Online polls mean almost nothing are are representative of virtually nothing.

beet, love that pic!

Yup, totally agree.