MAT DUNNIGAN

I believe these 2 indiduals have Ti-Cat blood
and are winners.

Adding to this the team absoluteley needs
a very good second QB.
Look at BC, they have 3 good Qb's

Jacques Chapdelaine would also be
a good coach suggestion.

Is it ok if I'm just a little scared at the very first post of this thread?
Taafe is my choice.

Stefan Ptaszek.

Desjardins has said it will be someone with CFL coaching experience. In other words, it won’t be any of the following:

Danny McManus
Stefan Ptaszek

Good thing too, we’ve tried that experiment. Would either of these guys make a good OC? Yes, especially Ptaszek.

I have certainly liked the sound of Taafe, so he should be high on our list. Others that might get a look include:

Dave Ritchie (mentioned as a Montreal replacement)
Greg Marshall (the other one - is the DC in Winnipeg)
Jacques Chapedelaine (the guy seems to be very good)
Kent Austin (he may have overly elaborate offensive schemes, however, and we’ve been down that road too)

Any others anybody can think of?

Red24

Matt Dunigan.....enthusiasm and a deep understanding on the CFL and how the game should be played are Matts greatest strengths in my opinion......with the right coaching staff surrounding him, I see no reason why Matt can't be hugely successful as a head coach for the Tiger-Cats......and he seems to have a real affection for this team and Hamilton to begin with.

..he's a great communicator and motivator so if he was the choice, I'd be excited at the possibilities....

Mike Riley...although his record wasn't the best as head coach of San Diego Chargers and the fans of Oregon State are getting restless right now, I like Riley's style and his enthusiasm while he was in the CFL....now that he has more experience, the time might be right for him to come back to the CFL with a clean slate. The players don't know him so he will be a fresh face with a fresh philosophy. He may be worth considering as a candidate. Like Dunigan, Mike is a wonderful communicator.... Just a thought.)

All in all, no coach is a guaranteed success until the opening whistle blows on a new season, so all we can do is speculate for now on who we think can work some magic....

good topic!

Happy Thanksgiving All!

Stefan Ptaszek
Perhaps, after he does what Greg Marshall couldn't, and the Mac Marauders have a couple Vanier Cup banners hanging in their rafters ... when his 5 year contract is up he could move on up to the big leagues as an OC.

Peace.

[i][quote="mikey"]Matt Dunigan.....enthusiasm and a deep understanding on the CFL and how the game should be played are Matts greatest strengths in my opinion......with the right coaching staff surrounding him, I see no reason why Matt can't be hugely successful as a head coach for the Tiger-Cats......and he seems to have a real affection for this team and Hamilton to begin with.

..he's a great communicator and motivator so if he was the choice, I'd be excited at the possibilities....[/i]

Matt Dunnigan doesnt have enough coaching experience to be an OC never mind a head coach. Ham. is the last team on earth that can afford another experiment.

Mike Riley? hasnt been in the CFL in almost 20 years. With the US exp. he has built on his resume in that time why would he EVER come back to Canada?

As long as we're dreaming of coaches that have a less than zero per cent chance of coaching, here are my top three.
Marv Levy
Bud Grant
Jeff Reinbold

No More CIS Coach We tryed it once it don’t work.

My vote would be for George Cortez.

Pinball Clemons [as long Rich Stubler comes with him as D.C.]:smiley: :thup:

or Rich Stubler [as long as he brings Pinball as a slotback] :smiley:

P.S.

It would be nice if Pinball could get Doug Flutie as O.C. :wink:

I'd take Lancaster and the entire current coaching staff if I had Doug Flutie and Pinball as QB and receiver :lol: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

[i]

[/i]

:roll: I know, Ptaszek suggestion was sort of a joke.

But judging by the other names mentioned he kind of fits right in.

[quote="Henley26"]Adding to this the team absoluteley needs
a very good second QB.
Look at BC, they have 3 good Qb's[/quot]

I think they have very good players and a great system that makes their q.b's look better than they are.

It seems like Buono teams have never lost a beat over the years when his backups come in. A big part of it is the time he puts in to develop his backups as well as always having a q.b coach on his staff.

Ahhhh Mean , how long did it take Larry Halor to win a Vanier ?

And i`ll give Greg a break on not getting to Vaniers , in both semi final games he lost his best player to injury , that being Jesse Lumsden .

As far as Taffe , he may hire an OC with NO CFL experiance . Now what will people have to say about that ??

[quote="habman

As far as Taffe , he may hire an OC with NO CFL experiance . Now what will people have to say about that ??
[/quote]
I hope he does, it would bring some freshness to the league. It seems like everyone knows what everyone else is doing which has lead to some rather dry offences this season.

If an o.c is hired with CFL experience I hope he is someone with enough sence to change his playbook each season, unlike Joe who's been lugging around the same playbook since 1975.

WHO IS JERRY STUBLER?

HIS NAME IS RICH STUBLER - PERHAPS YOU WERE CONFUSING HIM WITH JERRY STILLER - OR MAYBE BEN STILLER?

Jacques Chapdelaine - He has done well in BC.

Charlie Taaffe - Habman, he was his own co-ordinator in Montreal so i doubt he would hire one with no experience.