Suggested New Name

How about the Edmonton Energy

2 Likes

Actually, I don't, but I was born and raised there and I love the team, huge fan.

I have been trying to find an avenue to get the idea to them, I started here to see of many people liked it, so far you're the first. :slightly_smiling_face:

But not the only one. I’d vote for Echo over most of the others.

Edmonton Ex-Eskimos has kind of a nostalgic ring to it. They can keep the double EE too. :smile:

1 Like

That’s actually a Triple-E :smiley:

most here as you can see are not serious about a name. check their website and you will find an e-mail addy to someone there. Probably the President.
I too was born and raised there.

1 Like

Already a football team named the Eagles in Philadelphia. Edmonton must get original

2 Likes

There was a team called The Edmonton Eagles, but that was a professional soccer team (still, it's a kind of football). Golden Eagles would work though.

how about Emerald Eagles

Or how about just the Edmonton Emeralds

How about the Roughriders!

Now there is a solid CFL name.

3 Likes

Nope. That is a slight to all department of highways workers. Surprised Sask. hasn't had to change their name yet.

I just saw an online poll and it had Echoes listed . . . unfortunately, it was dead last in voting. Energy and Elks were the two top vote getters.

Either name is acceptable.

Edmonton Eels

Edmonton Engine

Nathan Obed thanking the organization for the name change.

Sort of.

So far I like Elks the most.

Also maybe Emperors, Echelons, or Elephants

Eagles is already taken.

1 Like

It’s catchy and it goes with the double E logo on the helmet. Lets go with that one

2 Likes

It’s also not be being used for cosmic objects anymore either

It’s freed up :wink: