Stubler out - "the Don" back in!

The Don served notice as to where he thinks the problem lies, and it wasn't with Stubler....

Well, if Stubler's looking for work, I know a team that SHOULD be looking to hire a defensive co-ordinator. :slight_smile:

He had some good years here in the '80s, and he should be aware that, no matter how bad our record gets, the fans never throw beer-filled balloons at our OWN players...or assistant coaches.

Does anyone else on here think that Matthews is way beyond his prime and the game has changed and left him behind? Just my opinion but i don't really think this will change anything in Toronto.

IMO i think that he can't change the fortunes of Toronto, I think he's to old and the game has changed and left him behind. You see it happen to coaches everywhere in all leagues.....i hope i'm wrong because he is great for the CFL but.....time will tell

I agree G2TB, even Matthews won’t be able to turn around the team with 8 games left. The only good news for the Argos is that they dont have to play the Cats again during the regular season… :lol:

He'll chop out the deadwood, though. DM has never been timid about ash-canning someone who he thought deserved it.

There is never dissension in a Matthews dressing room for very long. You buy in, or you leave.

So anytime someone returns to work, their illness is suspect?

I don’t think Stubler will do anything for the rest of the season, he’ll still be paid after all, but for sure next season I think he’d be a major upgrade over Creehan for DC in Hamilton.

I agree. Coaching is definitely not the problem in Toronto. In fact if you think about it, the Argos are damn lucky to have as many wins as they do.
They’ve scored fewer points than Hamilton and allowed more, but have twice as many wins.

That statistic proves to me that the talent in Toronto is probably worse than Hamilton’s and yet the Argos have a better record. Don’t you think good coaching in Toronto and poor coaching in Hamilton may be the reason for that.

Ticats should Bring in Stubler As D C. IMHO

It’s a good job the Argos don’t play in Hamilton anymore this year, because Stub would probably be up in the stands throwing beer ballons himself. :lol:

I saw The Don on TV this evening and also on two different radio interviews, including Fan 590 with Bob McCown.
For what it is worth he sounds rejuvenated and said he is very excited
to be back on the sidelines. As "there is nothing like it".
Good luck Don, especially as my Argos currently stink.

Nice to see the Don back :smiley: He's great for the league and will be great for the Argos.

The Argo defense without Stubler, just doesn't seen right, even with Don. This one could backfire on them.

Where is Stubler? Is he still part of the coaching staff?

No.

So then he is out of the organization?

Yes.
Stubler has not yet spoken to the press.
Earlier today Argos co-owner David Cynamon said initially there was some consideration to keep Stubler, but it was decided against this as The Don is a known Defensive expert.

Thats true he is but its a pitty that Stubler loses everything in the deal

Stubler instigated his own demise... He might have been a genius defensively but head coach...he was not ready for