Stubler hired as BC D-Line coach

"VANCOUVER -- The BC Lions Football Club announced this evening that Rich Stubler has been added to the coaching staff. The veteran defensive strategist will look after the team’s defensive line.

“Rich brings a significant coaching resume to his position with us and I believe he will be a strong asset to our club,? said Lions GM and head coach Wally Buono.

For Stubler, this will be his second stint with the Lions after helping lead the club to a Grey Cup championship in 2000 as the team’s defensive coordinator. He was most recently the head coach of the Toronto Argonauts in 2008 as well as the Boatmen’s defensive coordinator from 2003 to 2007.

“We looked at a number of candidates to fill the role of defensive line coach and the name we kept coming back to was Rich’s,? said Lions defensive coordinator, Mike Benevides. “He is the right man coming in at the right time. His work around the league speaks for itself and the overall similarity in our defensive philosophies is something that will be of tremendous benefit to our club.?

Stubler, who makes home in nearby Sumas, Washington was equally excited about the prospect of joining the Leos coaching staff. “The Lions are a strong veteran team and I am very pleased to get an opportunity to work with Wally, Mike and the rest of the staff,? he said late Sunday."

[url=http://www.cfl.ca/article/stubler-completes-lions-coaching-staff]http://www.cfl.ca/article/stubler-compl ... hing-staff[/url]

Good signing by BC

Wally dose it again

I bet within 3 years he is D coordinator in BC.

I betting he The Coach and Wally is Toronto within 3 years.

Wally Buono won't go near Toronto he is another Scotty Bowman only goes to good teams you won't see him near Toronto

Even tho Stubler was a long-time member of the Arg-holes, I still think he's one hell of a coach.

Maybe he comes here if/when Greg Marshall finally gets a head coaching job. I'm sure Stubler can't be happy with how he was treated at the end in TO, and there's no better way to say "Screw you" than in coaching for their arch-rivals.

Great signing by BC. Stubler was great before but now he returns to the CFL with something to prove.

An Argo-Cat fan