TV numbers continue to be strong for the CFL in the past weekend, being the second last of the regular season. Here are my version of the top 10 with applicable comments.
- Hockey, Sens-Leafs CBC @ 1.308M (very strong numbers continue, which begs the question how Canadians have short jilted memories)
- Hockey, Canaucks-Avs CBC @ 979,000
- Figure Skating, Saturday CTV @ 776,000(is this really a sport?NOT)
- CFL, Lions-Esks TSN @ 543,000(3rd largest of the year above average of 390,000)
- CFL, Ticats-Argos, Thursday TSN @ 462,000 (although technically not weekend, massive numbers to include halftime peak @599,000)
- No Fun League, Bills-Pats, Sunday TSN @ 423,000(prime time hours + no competition from CFL)
- CFL, Stamps-BB TSN @ 360,000(very good rating for Sunday afternoon and blowing away NFL competition)
- Figure Skating, Sunday CTV @ 291,000(enough said, see above)
- CFL, Als-Gades CBC @ 213,000(lowest of the year, well below 50% average, with poor Saturday afternoon)
- Figure Skating, Friday TSN @ 187,000
This weekend games feature two good games which should draw above average ratings, Saturday night in BC and Sunday afternoon in Calgary.