Strevvy activated!

former Bomber Chris Streveler promoted to active Jets roster!

3 Likes

also see that former Rider Dakota Shepley has been activated as well.

1 Like

Can I pick the Jets twice in the NFL pool?

1 Like

Sorry Maaax the Jets have ferretted out your plans for kidnapping Strevy. They've obviously been spying on your CFL Talk postings.
Future plans must include CFL code words ie:
Rouge = kidnap.
No yards = disguised Winnebago.
Illegal procedure = restarting the sunken Canadian submarine.
I suggest we use the secret de-coder rings and the cone of silence also.

2 Likes

Unfortunately this went as a reply to Jon.
My apologies but it will help to confuse the Jets' spymasters.

i hope he gets in for some action.

3 Likes

dont get too excited about this

" It is unclear as to why New York is choosing to activate him this week, as the team’s top three quarterbacks — Zach Wilson, Joe Flacco, and Mike White — remain healthy."

Maybe for pension reasons. They are winning and there is no way he will play barring 3 injuries.

2 Likes

I seriously don't understand this fascination with a guy who's never nailed down a starters job yet, & probably never will.

2 Likes

I think this might explain it.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fglobalnews.ca%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F11%2Fekuc9pswwaegk7f-e1574796397455.jpg%3Fquality%3D85%26strip%3Dall%26w%3D1200&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fglobalnews.ca%2Fnews%2F6857973%2Fmanitoba-bull-named-streveler%2F&tbnid=aIiX_GTef1Hl-M&vet=1&docid=m8d9sBVX3CguCM&w=1200&h=959&hl=en-US&source=sh%2Fx%2Fim

Maybe the Jets want to give him the opportunity to possibly shake off some rust? lol

1 Like

[quote="Jon, post:10, topic:82094"]
...ght explain it.

Ok, so he was a colourful guy, but more colourful than talented by far. Even your Bombers had no confidence in him as a starter. Dropped him like a hot potato for a concussion prone QB nobody else wanted (I know you owe him a lot for that).

i just really like it when CFL players get a chance to play in NFL. Streveler has always seemed like a classy dude and he’s a grey cup winner. love his style of play too.

1 Like

Well I wish him luck but he's going to need it. From the article:
"It is unclear as to why New York is choosing to activate him this week, as the team’s top three quarterbacks — Zach Wilson, Joe Flacco, and Mike White — remain healthy."
Good for his pension hopes, but not really looking like he'll play at all.

they might actually have some running packages in the playbook for him. i don’t know about those other guys, but i’d put him in before Flacco.

2 Likes

I also think people liked his grit and determination and compete level. He seemingly played his last few games on a broken leg with one arm tied behind his back and his ear hanging by a thread.

I don’t disagree that he wasn’t the best QB the CFL has ever seen, even if he was the most colorful. Certainly Zach is better. In fairness he only had a limited amount of starts as a result of Nicholls being hurt and was playing hurt himself for many of those. I wouldn’t rule him out as being a capable starter in the league now that he has more experience. We also continue to hear a lot about the need to market the CFL better. Chris was and is a marketer’s dream. He was also well loved by his teammates.

A little known fact that was published in Winnipeg several times but I don’t think nationally much if at all, is the fact that the Strevemeister ran a 4.2 40 in college. I believe that would make hime the fastest QB in CFL history if not NFL history as well.

More than anyone I would argue that he is also responsible for changing the CFL game as to use of backup QB’s, whether one likes the change or not. Although the Bombers and Streveler weren’t the first team to do it ever, they popularized what is now the norm, namely a backup QB always coming in to rush in short yardage situations, especially on the goal line. An added twist that is now much more common is leaving that backup in for another play or two. It was on just such a play that Streveler tossed a TD pass to Harris in the Grey Cup. Prokup did it for the Bombers as well this year.

I’ll stop short of saying that Streveler should have his own Marvel comic book and ultimately a movie.

2 Likes

give me more running QBs please. especially in the CFL. i mean if i was Dickenson in calgary, i’d be playing Stevens all the time and Maier would be my back up.

If you're right feel free to come back & rub my face in it, I'll even supply the mud. This seems to be mostly a Winnipeg thing.

1 Like

Stevens showed us 2 runs yesterday that outdid anything Strevy ever did. Just sayin'.

I saw his one run for 85 yards. I don’t think I saw the other one you are referring to. Streveler was also well known for bowling over defenders and carrying them on his back like a large running back does. His toughness is off the charts. He’s also pretty good at contributing to winning playoff and Grey Cup games.

Nothing against Stevens, who certainly looked good yesterday from what I saw, but one good performance in a full garbage time game does not equal outdoing anything Streveler ever did in my opinion.

1 Like