Street Hockey in Halifax

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=152960&hubname=nhl

Good to see Crobsy sticking up for it... Even though it was just a weak rumour. Good thing it's not true. I play street hockey with my friends alot. It would have sucked if it got banned.

Don’t laugh…In my sons area a Cul-da sac wanted Municipal Council to ban road hockey there too. Thankfully cooler heads prevailled and the motion was defeated.

Yeah but apparently here it was suggested but not considered.

Why would they want top remove it in a cul-de-sac. If there is any street that it would impeed traffic the least its in a cul-de-sac.

Ahh the memories of playing street hockey. I don't see it anymore though. In stoon there almost every school has a outdoor rink so all the kids go there. My town didn't have one, so my street used to have games after games. we had tourneys. trophies, ahh the memories.

hey at least crosby isnt a sellout

As unbeleivable as it sounds, it was a couple of sourpusses that didn't like the "noise" the kids were making.....As one Father put it..."Would they rather the kids be hanging out at a Seven-Eleven terrorizing patrons?"

Thank goodness the council had common sense.

We played street hockey all the time as a kid and also on tennis courts and even sometimes on a grass field. I don't see the problem but I gess there are some people who would get annoyed. But what bothered people more on our street was football as we would kick the ball at times and the ball would go into people's front gardens and damage the flowers. Pucks don't cause this damage as much and are more predictable.

Thank goodness the council had common sense.
[/quote]
They didn't in Lethbridge AB. Street hockey was banned the, I think a couple years ago. :evil:

I can not understand how people can be so stupid in not letting kids be kids.
What is next, banning playgrounds because kids make to much noise playing in tham. It just blows my mind :evil: :evil: :evil:

Earl, we used to play a Football kicking game on the street called "Yards" The ball would strike the powerlines in flight. We had a lady complain that her lights flickered everytime we hit the power lines. I haven't met an electrician to confirm whether the lady was telling the truth or exaggerating.

They didn't in Lethbridge AB. Street hockey was banned the, I think a couple years ago. :evil:

I can not understand how people can be so stupid in not letting kids be kids.
What is next, banning playgrounds because kids make to much noise playing in tham. It just blows my mind :evil: :evil: :evil:
[/quote]
WHAT?!?! Are you serious? That's nuts!

There is a no street hockey By-law in my home town, because we used to hassle the cars going by..
My Buddies and I used to throw our sticks under passing cars..
We would yell profanities also, at every driver who came by....lol
We are all in our mid 30's now.....and that was two years ago...Bring back street hockey..Game on..

Wont be able to play it here for a while now. We have about a foot of snow and more coming. SCHOOLS CLOSED!!!

Sportsmen wrote:

Earl, we used to play a Football kicking game on the street called "Yards" The ball would strike the powerlines in flight. We had a lady complain that her lights flickered everytime we hit the power lines. I haven't met an electrician to confirm whether the lady was telling the truth or exaggerating
Too funny. Did you nickname her the flickering lady or the Lady from Flick? .

Fucking government! They lament the fact that kids are getting into trouble with guns and drugs and are getting obese yet they want to take away innocent, wholesome, traditional activities like street hockey? Maybe a few of them should take up the sport 'cause from what I see from the hotdog stands at the corner of Queen and Bay, they could ALL use a little street hockey in their lives. I even took a picture of a sign here in the Beaches reading..."Ball and Street hockey prohibited.", realizing how bloody ludicrous the entire notion is. God forbid I should ever stop smiling when I hear a group of kids yell...."caaar!" Fucking government.

Me and my friends play on the basketball court. no one uses it for basketball and its always open. Its nice and flat too.