Stop the NFL From Coming to Canada

I live in the u.s. and have been a cfl fan for many years. I think the cfl has a unique league,and canadians need to stick to their guns and keep the nfl out. The cfl has a more wide open game,and exciting game alltogether.

I think one other thing we need to realize is that today, we are living in what some call a more fearful world. And people take advtange of this, including media. So media people, using this fear factor, will try and make vulnerable groups, as they see it, fearful of what could happen. The media use this, not just in sports, but in all realms of journalism:

"Fear is decreasingly experienced first-hand and increasingly experienced on a discursive and abstract level, concludes Grupp. She also suggestively notes that there has been a general shift from a fearsome life towards a life with fearsome media."

• The Only Thing We Have to Fear is the "Culture of Fear Itself".
[url=http://www.spiked-online.com/index.php?/site/article/3053]www.spiked-online.com/index.php?/site/article/3053[/url]

It’s nice to see Americans CFL fans trying to protect our football.

U.S. fans said:

«The Canadian Government should step in and protect the Canadian Football League from having Buffalo play a few games in Canada, especially in Toronto. Toronto does not deserve the National Football League. The American people should protest the National Football League from NFL games in Toronto. Toronto will be a disaster for the NFL. American television executives and advertisers should stop Toronto from any thing to do with the National Football League.» FoxII, NFL football, Oct. 18 2007, Richard TO, Tampa, FL.

«The Buffalo Bills intend to play a few games in Canada, eh? This is unacceptable. It is the National Football League. The Bills want to expand to bring in more money. Isn’t it bad enough most American fans can not afford to attend a game because of all the cost. Most can not view the games on television because of the cost. But yet the player coaches etc make millions. I have been a Fan of Football all my life. This makes me sick. The last straw. To think I was going to move to Buffalo N.Y. because they had a Football and Hockey team. Guess I will stay in Michigan» FoxII, NFL football, Oct. 18 2007, Stagehand Cleveland, OH.

«The expansion of CFL into US in the 90’s was such a success that NFL awarded Baltimore an NFL frachise the following year. (You can call it predatory or protectionism, depending on your choice of words.) At that time CFL failed to recognize the franchising opportunity to continue expansion in the US.» Tom Erdman from United States. theglobeandmail.com. 19/10/07.

«I have followed the CFL from Western New York as a boy, and now, living in Pittsburgh, make an annual trip to Canada to see the Argos or Tiger-Cats live. My Toronto friends from the Bills games think I am nuts but I wonder how they cannot have more pride in their magnificent game. CFL football is highly entertaining and has a charm that the NFL cannot duplicate. The Grey Cup makes everyone feel welcome, unlike the Super Bowl. I hope it lasts forever.» Gary Graminski, The rouge oct.18 2007.

O.K. this one is not a american…

«Yes, I just can’t see 111 posts on anything the CFL does, excepting when it involves the NFL coming to town. Poida, have you been listening to Bob McCowan (sp?) on the Fan? He’s not so sure the NFL are coming and has some strong arguments to back himself up.» Larfing Outloud from Virgin Islands (British), theglobeandmail.com. 19/10/07

I'm from Washington State, love the CFL and put the petition link up on my blog!

http://www.flexfiles.blogspot.com

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2400/1660101392_f454a7c48f.jpg

Amen brotha!!!

Halleluja!!!

Come on guys, show some confidence. A league is the sum of its parts. Each individual fan stick to your team, your team will stick to the league, the league will stick around. It really all comes down to YOU!, not the NFL and not the media.

Thanks’ for your support Flexfiles. If a picture worth a thousand words….

lol!

I Love it!!!

Thank you

«Toronto sports fans are lusting for a NFL franchise, largely because Paul Godfrey is relentless in his pursuit of a team. Godfrey, currently the president of the Toronto Blue Jays and at one time my boss when he was publisher of the Toronto Sun, has been going after an NFL team for almost 30 years. He helped bring Major League Baseball to Toronto in 1977 as the city's Metro Chairman and spearheaded the drive to build a retractable domed stadium, the first of its kind in North America, in 1989. This guy doesn't give up easily and has backers to get an NFL team if it ever becomes available. Cynics say that will not happen in this lifetime, if ever. » Perry Lekko Sports.net 10-10-2007.

Is it possible that this Paul Godfrey as a big influence in the Toronto’s Medias and that explains the big NFL propaganda? Is that explains also why there is so many pro major leagues baseball and NFL writers that finds jobs in these Medias and tries to destroy the CFL? Is he an American?

Yea man its totally propaganda, Paul Godfrey is one of those guys you know who whenever you talk about CFL he gets pissed off and says the CFL sux, i like the NFL. And then all you hear about is how much “better” the NFL is and blah blah blah. Paul Godfrey was born in the wrong country i think, Major League Baseball, and now the NFL? Move to the states buddy, you freak, trying to ruin Canada so America can move in with the 51st state, and Amero dollar.

Yah he should just move way easier then he can cheer for whoever he wants.

« I don't know if this city could support an NFL franchise on a year- round basis," said Flutie, in town Thursday to be inducted into the Canada Sports Hall of Fame. "If they (NFL) come up and play a game or two here and there, it's exciting, everybody jumps on the band wagon, they all go, and it’s a blast. I'm saying it's difficult to support that. There are big metropolitan U.S. cities that have grown up with the NFL that couldn't support NFL franchises. It's an expensive ticket. For it to be a success, that place would have to be sold out every week, not just for an exhibition game once or twice a year. I think if they (Argos, NFL) played head-to-head, as much as Canadians love what is Canadian, there is an infatuation here also with the NFL. So, I think it would be tough (for Argos to co-exist with NFL club). I think if you put a dent in the franchise in Toronto, it would hurt the (CFL) overall.

Throughout his NFL career, Flutie was ridiculed for being too small - one radio announcer in Buffalo dubbed Flutie "a midget" - and criticized for not having a strong passing arm. But Flutie said he always felt accepted and appreciated by Canadian football fans. « I Was never second-guessed here. Whenever I played in the States, I kind of played with a chip on my shoulder but when I played here, I just had fun. I've always said playing in Canada put the fun back into football for me» Dong Flutie, the Canadian Press, Dan Ralph.

I love Doug Flutie, he was one of the best things to ever happen to the CFL. But I wonder if he realizes that a lot of snobbish Canadian so called "football fans" also called him a midget high school player when he was playing in Canada and didn't give the time of day until he made it in the NFL afterwards. Sort of sad really.

Monkey see monkey do...

Yup, monkey is about it for these turds CFLman for sure.

I am hoping I live to see the day when the NFL and the CFL merge. You can have the AFC,NFC and the CFC in one league then maybe we can see some real Football instead of the garbage the CFL puts on the field.
If you want to know why the CFL cant sell out its because the field is to big, you need binoculars to see the action on the other side of the field so people stay home and watch it on TV !!!
The NFL is coming so all you cowards better get used to the idea that your team will soon be playing the likes of Chicago Bears etc,etc.

Oh no........ here it comes........
TROLL!

Hey BigSexy, I assume from your name you like things big. So you would think you like a bigger, more man-sized field like the Canadian field is compared with the smaller rinky dinky American one. What gives there Big? 8)